For most of us opting to go on a Disney Cruise, saving and planning and finally taking the leap is such a momentous process that it’s not uncommon for families to plot out these special journeys to fall during important milestones. From birthdays and anniversaries to graduations and other personal triumphs, these incredible voyages at sea provide the perfect setting for those big moments. Though a cruise with Disney is certainly celebration enough, there are other ways you can make those milestones even more special. Here are our suggestions on 6 ways to celebrate your special day while aboard a Disney Cruise.
1. Say it with a Celebration Cake – Guests can opt to have a Disney Cruise Line speciality cake delivered to your stateroom or dining room as a special onboard surprise. Cakes can be customized in a wide variety of sizes, flavors and icings to create a bespoke masterpiece for your special someone. Cakes must be ordered 7-days before setting sail. The cakes start at $25.00. As of going to print, Mickey is the only character available. Guests should also note that cake delivery is not available at Palo or Remy. Cake order forms can be found directly on the Disney Cruise Line website here.
2. Have your stateroom decorated – Disney Cruise Line offers a fun array of stateroom decoration packages that you can be pre-arranged as a special surprise. Two of our favorite packages are the Birthday Wishes package which starts at $57 and includes a Mickey-themed beach towel, storage cube, dry erase/memo stateroom door magnet and stateroom decoration set. Or for fans of Nemo and friends, there’s the Finding Dory room package which features eight hanging garlands, a centrepiece, soft PVC picture frame, a blanket and pillow, mirror cling and door magnet. The cost for this package is $67.00. In addition, there are a wide variety of other options available from fruit baskets to romance packages. See the complete list here.
3. Pirate and Princess Makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – If your little one is celebrating a birthday while at sea, why not surprise them with one of the amazing makeovers at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. This whimsical shop offers Princess and Mermaid Makeovers that range from $64 – $199 depending on the package or Pirate Makeovers that run anywhere from $44 – $100 per guest. Unlike the theme parks, I find that you can get a lot of use out of these outfits. The Mermaid Makeovers come with a two-piece swimsuit that your little ones can splash about in on the beach or one of the ship’s pools. Most itineraries also offer special Pirate Nights where families are encouraged to dress up like scallywags and hit the decks which means the pirate costumes really come in handy! Makeovers can be booked in the same time as your port adventures. We recommend early booking as slots can fill up quickly.
4. Have a romantic night without the kids at Palo or Remy – Perfect for those looking for a romantic meal free from the kids, both of these incredible restaurants offer Fine “Adults Only” Dining experiences that you’ll be talking about for years to come! Remy can be found aboard the Disney Dream or the Disney Fantasy with a menu that focuses on classic French Cuisine. You’ll find Palo on all four of Disney’s cruise ships. Here you’ll find an impressive array of Italian dishes. Both restaurants offer dinner service as well as various tasting options throughout your cruise. Reservations here do come at a cost and should be made in advance. Visitors can expect to pay anywhere from $30 upwards per person.
5. Treat your special someone to a day of pampering – Treat the one you love to the ultimate day of relaxation by booking in a treatment at Senses Spa. Here you’ll find an incredible range of treatments from traditional Swedish massages to facials, body wraps as well as manicures, pedicures and other salon services. Or, for those traveling with teenagers, there is Chill Spa, a special spa for those between the ages of 13-17. Chill Spa offers the same eclectic array of treatments as well as special Mother/Daughter and Father/Son packages that provide the perfect way to relax and bond! Treatments can be booked in advance or you can visit the spa on embarkation day starting at 1:00 pm where you’ll often find last-minute discounts and free add-ons.
6. Let the staff know for some special onboard surprises – If you’re celebrating a special occasion while at sea our biggest suggestion is to not keep it a secret. Let your travel agent or the Disney Cruise Line staff know up to 3 weeks prior to sailing. This gives Disney time to alert the Cast Members who will be looking after you during your visit. Trust us when we say its the little sprinkling of pixie dust here and there that will make you feel extra special during your celebratory Disney Cruise Line getaway.
These are merely a handful of the many amazing ways that you can mark those special occasions while on a Disney Cruise. Get in touch using the details below or fill out our form to receive your FREE quote.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disney. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019