For those considering going on a Disney Cruise, you’ll find a range of fantastic options that provide the perfect fit for even the busiest of schedules. From weekly 3 & 4 night sailings to 7-night options that explore Alaska, the Caribbean and more, those opting for a Disney getaway at sea are spoiled for choice. For those looking for an epic cruising experience, Disney Cruise Line even offers a handful of magical extended sailings that will whisk you away for 9-nights or more! These slightly under-the-radar options are perfect for those looking for the trip of a lifetime. With that in mind, here are 7 of our favorite sailings lasting 9-nights or longer.
1. 14 Night Panama Canal Sailings – These luxurious sailings have developed a bit of a cult following and it’s easy to understand why. With 14 fun-filled days at sea, you not only get to explore some pretty phenomenal destinations but you’ll also have a chance to discover all that your ship, the Disney Wonder has to offer. You can either hop the East-bound sailings out of San Diego or the West-bound out of Galveston, Texas. Stops include Panama Canal, Cartagena (Columbia), Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta! These sailings are rare so it’s important to plan ahead. Options currently on-sale include and East-bound sailings departing October 19, 2018 and November 8, 2019. There is also a West-bound sailing on February 24, 2019.
2. 9-Night Alaskan Sailings – Most of Disney Wonder’s sailings to Alaska are 7-nights but for those looking to go a bit further afield during your voyage to the North you’ll find two sailings currently on sail (July 9, 2018, and July 8, 2019) that make stops in Ketchikan, Icy Strait Point, Juneau, Skagway, and Tracy Arm. However, the highlight has to be the stop at the breathtakingly awesome Hubbard Glacier!
3. 11-Night Southern Caribbean Sailing – For those that prefer more tropical climes, you can certainly soak up the sun on these special 11-night sailings aboard the Disney Fantasy departing from Port Canaveral. Enjoy the crystal blue waters and sublime beaches at ports including Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, St. Kitts, San Juan and Disney’s private island Castaway Cay. Two of these special sailings are currently on available to book. The first departs on June 20, 2018 and the second on July 27, 2019.
4. 10-Night Mediterranean Sailing from Barcelona – We can’t think of a better way to explore all the Europe has to offer than on this magical 10-night sailing. Stops include Marseilles (France), Monte Carlo, Milan, Rome, Naples and Palma. These sailings typically only take place once a year. There’s one happening on July 7, 2018, as well as next year on June 14, 2019.
5. 11-Night Northern European Sailing from Dover to Copenhagen – Experience the majesty of Northern Europe with this special 11-night sailing taking place on July 29, 2018. Stops include Amsterdam, Germany, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersburg and Estonia! There’s also a 10-night version with roughly the same itinerary being offered on August 8, 2019.
6. 11-Night Norweigan Fjord Cruise from Dover to Copenhagen – Add a bit of Frozen fun to your voyage at sea with this special sailing to Norway where you may even have a chance to catch up with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna! Stops include Orkney (Scotland), Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark. This special excursion sets sail on July 21, 2019.
7. 10-Night or 13-Night Transatlantic Crossings – For a truly one-of-a-kind sailing, why not journey across the entire Atlantic Ocean aboard one of Disney Cruise Line’s limited transatlantic cruises. These sailings are essentially re-positioning cruises for ships coming to and from their European sailings but they can be a magical adventure for intrepid adventurers. On September 9, 2018, Disney is offering a 10-night sailing from Dover to New York City sailing with stops in England, Ireland, Canada and the Big Apple. On May 12, 2019 you can also take part in an Eastbound crossing departing from Miami with stops in Portugal and Spain where it docks in Barcelona.
If you’ve got a healthy budget and a nice chunk of time, why not treat your family to these extra special sailings on Disney Cruise Line? They make a wonderful change from Disney’s standard 3, 4 and 7 night sailings and include some pretty amazing ports of call.
Thinking about a Disney Cruise? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect stateroom to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at sea. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Are Walt Disney World’s Resorts Dog Friendly? - August 14, 2018
- When are the Best Dates To Visit Disneyland In 2019? - August 13, 2018
- What’s Included If I Book a Club-Level Room at Walt Disney World? - August 13, 2018