When plotting out your next Disney Cruise, it is usually destinations like the Bahamas, Caribbean and even Alaska that may come to mind. However, did you know that Disney Cruise Line offers some pretty fantastic sailings to the island of Bermuda?
Off the east coast of the United States, Bermuda is 21 square miles of sheer paradise and features its own eclectic mix of culture and history. We think everyone should pay a visit to this tropical island paradise at least once! To convince you here are five fantastic reasons we think Bermuda makes the perfect port-o-call!
1. Pink Sandy Beaches – One of the things Bermuda is known for the world over is the beautiful pink sandy beaches that you’ll find here. There’s no experience quite like sinking your toes into the soft luxurious pink sand along the island’s south shore including the famous Horseshoe Bay Beach. Trust us when we say that there is Instagram inspiration everywhere you look!
2. Fairytale Ruins – One of the most famous landmarks on the island of Bermuda is the Unfinished Church. Though there’s a bit of an uphill climb to reach it, it is well worth the effort. You’ll be blown away by the gothic beauty of this church which was abandoned before the ceiling was completed leaving behind breathtaking open-air ruins. It’s like something straight out of a Disney film!
3. Incredible Reefs Perfect for Exploring – The island is home to numerous coral reefs located in the relatively shallow water. You’ll be blown away by the crystal clear visibility. If you’ve always wanted to try snorkelling this is the perfect place to do it!
4. World-Class Shopping – During your stay in Bermuda, you’ll stop at the capital city of Hamilton which is a shopping mecca. You’ll find everything from artwork to blown glass to designer brands. You may even opt to pick up a pair of Bermuda shorts!?
5. Important Historical Gems – History buffs will be spoiled for choice in Bermuda which has such a rich sense of history. You’ll want to have your cameras ready to take in the winding streets, gardens and plazas of the British settlement of St. George. You’ll also marvel at the 17th-century beauty of St. Peter’s Church. Be sure to set aside time to go on a quiet stroll across the centuries-old Somerset Bridge which is known as the smallest drawbridge in the world.
These are just a handful of the fantastic experiences that you can have during a visit to Bermuda with Disney Cruise Line. Each of Disney’s Bermuda itineraries includes at least two days docked at King’s Wharf, Bermuda. Autumn cruises even feature a spooktacular array of onboard activities during Halloween on the High Seas.
Bermuda sailings out of New York City are available on the following dates:
- October 4 2018
- October 13, 2018
- October 19, 2018
- October 24, 2018
- October 29, 2018
- September 25, 2019
- October 12, 2019
- October 19, 2019
For more information on any of the sailings listed above or for further information on Disney Cruise Line’s Bermuda sailings fill out our form below to receive your FREE no obligation quote.
Thinking about a Disney Cruise? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect stateroom to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at sea. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- What Is the Dining Dress Code With Disney Cruise Line? - September 23, 2018
- Do Walt Disney World Resorts Offer Room Service? - September 23, 2018
- 13 Reasons Why We Love Disney’s Haunted Mansion - September 22, 2018