If you’re finding yourself trapped at home and are looking for some new (or old!) shows to check out, Disney+ has an abundance! Familiar shows from the past and Disney+ originals are plentiful and available for you to go through. It can be tough to sort through all the clutter, so here are our Top 7 Series to dive into!
- The Imagineering Story (1 Season)
- Oh, you haven’t dived into a captivating tale of the greatest group of humans ever to touch Disney soil? I’m talking about the Disney Imagineers! If you don’t understand who I am talking about or where my admiration is coming from, check out this amazing series. Though it only has one season, this show will leave you wanting more. If an inside look at Disney is what you’re after – this is the series for you!
- The Mandalorian (1 Season)
- Star Wars Western. What’s not to love about that description? There is much more to this story than blasters and lightsabers. If you are not interested in the Star Wars universe, this show deviates ever so slightly and bring a scenery that isn’t normally reached through the films. If you get nothing else from this brand new series, appreciate the magic that is Baby Yoda.
- Lizzie McGuire (2 Seasons, 65 Episodes)
- 2001 was the year that brought us the Disney Channel tale that is Lizzie McGuire. Lizzie McGuire had an effect throughout the nation. She brought attention to the struggles of what it meant to be a teenage girl! She also instilled confidence and independence that many girls had not seen before in a positive light. Check out this brilliant show and brace yourself for a rush of nostalgia!
- The Muppets (1 Season)
- This show needs to be seen by more people. After being canceled, I was afraid this magic would never be seen again. ‘The Muppets’ has great Muppet-style jokes mixed with more modern and dry humor. Kermit and Piggy have their usual laughs and struggles, and you see your favorites in a somewhat “normal” light!
- Boy Meets World (7 Seasons)
- A coming-of-age tale about a boy, his family and the friends around him. Having just done a recent rewatch, I found that the show still holds up and I realize I still myself learning life lessons that I hadn’t noticed when I was younger. A great show for old fans to show their kids – or watch for themselves!
- The Incredible Dr. Pol (15 Seasons)
- There is more to Dr. Pol than a simple small-town vet. What some people may forget, is that the smaller the town may have larger the animal. Educational, funny, and sometimes revolting, Dr. Pol is a great show to keep you entertained for 15 seasons! (It’s also a great show to have on in the background)
- The Simpsons (31 Seasons)
- Is there anything that hasn’t been said about The Simpsons? Though I cannot speak on the more recent seasons, what I can tell you is that the first 12 seasons are still gold – there’s a reason they still have such an amazing following!
If these 7 don’t appeal to you, there are plenty more to choose from on the Disney+ app – each one better than the last. Kick back, stay hydrated and binge away!
- Everything Coming to Disney+ in July 2020 - July 3, 2020
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Hamilton Coming to Disney+ on July 3rd - June 30, 2020
- 6 Delightful Disney Treats from Your Favorite Films – And How to Make Them! - June 23, 2020