With Earth Day just around the corner (April 22nd) Walt Disney World is pulling out all the stops including a 20th Anniversary Celebration over at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park that will be filled with a wide range of fun activities. In addition, Disney’s culinary teams have been hard at work coming up with delicious and creative ways to commemorate Earth Day as well as this Animal Kingdom milestone. You’ll find incredible Earth Day treats across the resorts and theme parks. To give you a taste of what will be on offer, here is a look at some of our favorites.
1. Cactus Macaron Lollipop – Amorette’s Patisserie- Disney Springs – (pictured above) This special Earth Day lollipop will be available at Amorette’s from April 22 – 28th. It’s made up of three French macarons filled with pistachio ganache and topped with icing. It’s served on a stick making it the perfect treat to tuck in to while you window shop.
2. Earth Day Cupcake – Contempo Cafe- Contemporary Resort – Visitor to Disney’s Contemporary resort this weekend will definitely want to pay a visit to the Contempo Cafe where for one day only (April 22nd) they’ll be serving up this impressive creation. This beautiful chocolate cupcake comes in an edible chocolate flowerpot. It’s filled with chocolate pastry cream, chocolate buttercream and chocolate cookie crumble and is topped with a buttercream flower and a chocolate Earth Day sign.
3. Impossible™ Burger Sliders – Nomad Lounge – Animal Kingdom – Looking for the perfect vegetarian lunch? Head over to Nomad Lounge next to Tiffins between now and May 5th and try the plant-based Impossible Burger sliders. They come with tomato chutney, smoked onion and come on a brioche bun with a side of yucca fries.
4. Dirt and Worms Chocolate Cupcake – Beach Club Marketplace and The Market at Ale at Ale & Compass – Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts – Here’s an Earth Day treat the kiddies (and the kids at heart) are sure to love! This sweet treat is made up of chocolate cake filled with chocolate pudding and topped with chocolate buttercream, cookie crumbs, sugar flower and jelly candy worms. You’ll find it on offer from April 19-22nd!
5. Impossible™ Burger -Restaurantosaurus – Animal Kingdom – If you’re looking for a tasty lunch while having a play in Dinoland USA, you’ll also find an Impossible™ Burger with avocado and tomato on a brioche bun at Restaurantosaurus. Tuck in to this savory treat while you can, it’s only around until May 5th.
6. Earth Day Cupcake- Roaring Fork- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Available from April 19- 22nd, this beautiful snack takes its inspiration from the garden! This yummy chocolate cupcake comes with a cookies and cream center and is topped with vanilla buttercream, cookies and cream crumble, chocolate rocks and an edible garden. It’s almost too beautiful to eat!
7. Tree of Life Cupcake – Creature Comforts and Flame Tree Barbecue – Animal Kingdom – In celebration of Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary, this special birthday cupcake is made up of vanilla cake and is topped with buttercream and an edible chocolate piece featuring the iconic Tree of Life. Get it while you can as it will only be around until May 5.
8. Earth Day Cupcake- Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus – Animal Kingdom – We are in love with this beautiful Earth Day tribute. This chocolate cupcake is topped with buttercream, chocolate crispy pearls and white chocolate mousse. The finishing touch is a gorgeous edible chocolate piece made to look like our wonderful planet! This treat is available during Party for the Planet which takes place at Animal Kingdom until May 5th.
9. Chef’s Lunch Tasting Menu – Tiffins – Animal Kingdom Lodge – For those looking for a regal way to celebrate Earth Day, we recommend this 3-course tasting menu available at Animal Kingdom’s Fine/Signature Dining restaurant. The menu is on offer daily from 11:30 am – 3:30pm and will celebrate the cuisines of Africa, South American and Asia. Walk-ups are welcome.
So bring your appetites and come out and celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Earth Day. Most of the treats above are only available for a limited time so try them while you can!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for more information on how to get the most out of Animal Kingdom’s Anniversary celebrations!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019