This week Disney is celebrating the release of the Walt Disney World Signature Collection edition of the much loved classic “Peter Pan” which has certainly withstood the test of time captivating audiences over the past 65 years. Walt Disney World will commemorate the occasion with a few very special events happening at the parks tomorrow! This gave us here at Disney Addicts the idea of sharing with you some of the other ways we like to celebrate Peter, Wendy and the gang at Walt Disney World!
1. Peter Pan & Tinker Bell Meet and Greets – What better way to show your love of all things Peter Pan than by cozying up to some of your favorite Disney characters. Peter Pan is onsite to greet guests in Fantasyland daily from 11:00 pm – 4:30pm. You can also meet everyone’s favorite pixie Tinkerbell as soon as you enter the park. She is at Town Square Theatre greeting guests daily from 8:00 am – 11:30pm. PhotoPass photographers are on hand to capture these momentous meetings!
2. Disney’s Family Magic Tour- This scavenger hunt is in our opinion one of Disney’s hidden gems. Best suited for children between the ages of 4 and 10 (with an accompanying adult) participants will have the opportunity to indulge in 2 fun-filled hours of racing around the Magic Kingdom, solving riddles and searching for clues that will lead them through each of the lands, onto an attraction or two and even to meet so of their favorite Disney friends. There are a few Peter Pan themed touches thrown in making it a perfect way to celebrate the film’s 65th Anniversary. The tour departs from Town Square Theater. At $39.00 per adult, it is one of the most affordable tours on offer and with a start time of 10am is a delightful way to spend a Magic Kingdom morning.
3. Peter Pan’s Flight –There’s so much to love about this classic Walt Disney World attraction where you climb on board a pixie-dust fuelled pirate ship that flies through the sky taking you through many of the key scenes from the Disney film. With wait times often exceeding 60 minutes this attraction is always a good use of a Fastpass. However, for those having to wait in line, you are in luck as Peter Pan’s Flight has one of our favorite interactive line queues in all of Disney! Guests are transported to the Darling nursery where you’ll be visited by Peter Pan’s shadow, a very mischievous Tinker Bell and encounter lots of magical moments making you wonder how the Imagineers did it.
4. Special Peter Pan Parade On June 2nd – Starting tomorrow at 1:30 pm at Magic Kingdom, Peter Pan, Wendy and the Lost Boys will play “Follow the Leader” along with invited Disney Bounding guests up and down Main Street U.S. A. You’ll want to be on the lookout for pirates as the nefarious Captain Hook is also slated to make an appearance.
5. Special Movie Under the Stars Screening for Resort Guests on June 2nd – Tomorrow night, guests staying at a Walt Disney World resort will also have the opportunity to enjoy “Peter Pan” during the nightly Movies Under the Stars screenings. Attendees will even receive a special “Peter Pan” 65th Anniversary Walt Disney Signature Collection poster, while supplies last.
6. Spend an Evening With Captain Hook and Mr Smee at Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage– Pirate-lovers young and old looking for a way to rub shoulders with Captain Hook and his faithful cohort Mr Smee, need to look no further than the fantastic Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage held year-round at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The party runs in the evenings about an hour before Magic Kingdom’s “Happily Ever After” fireworks spectacular where guests are treated to a bountiful pirate feast with cake, chocolate, a conga line with limbo and fantastic interactions with Captain Hook. Guests then set sail on the Seven Seas Lagoon for an evening of swashbuckling fun that includes incredible fireworks views while singing sea shanties and competing for pirate treasure. There’s also a very special Peter Pan themed treat at the end! The cost for this exclusive event is $72 per adult and $43 per child. Advance reservations are essential and can be made via My Disney Experience or at 407.WDW.DINE.
7. Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade at Magic Kingdom – This afternoon parade is a must-do for first-time Disney visitors. Paying homage to Fantasyland, you’ll spot innovate floats featuring famous Disney princesses like Cinderella, Belle, Anna and Elsa, along with classic characters like Peter Pan, Wendy, Captain Hook, Mister Smee and Tick Tock Crock. Mickey, and Minnie are also on hand to welcome guests to the theme park!
8. Happily Ever After Fireworks at Magic Kingdom –Last May, Disney fans bid a tearful adieu to the Wishes fireworks at Magic Kingdom. This daily nighttime fireworks offering was replaced by Happily Ever After. The new evening show quickly won over guests with it’s emotive soundtrack, dazzling pyrotechnics as well as amazing projections on Cinderella Castle that take guests through a storyline that introduces key scenes and characters from many of your favorite Disney films including Aladdin, Frozen, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Moana, Zootopia and so much more. However, there is one component of the original Wishes that Disney carried over into this new magical fireworks display and that is the beautiful flight Tinker Bell makes at the end of the night from the top of Cinderella’s Castle. We can’t think of a better way for Peter Pan Fans to end your Disney day!
Love Peter Pan but can’t make it to the theme parks? Be sure to pick up a copy of the Walt Disney Signature Collection edition of “Peter Pan” which is available on Digital and Movies Anywhere just now and will officially be released on Blu-ray June 5th.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019