If you have a dad that likes to adventure, we can’t think of a more perfect playground than Walt Disney World! With Father’s Day just around the corner, now is the perfect time to start planning a last-minute getaway to Disney to surprise your special Dad. To give you a taste of some of the amazing offerings that await dads of all tastes, here’s our list of 7 fun ways to celebrate Father’s Day.
1. For Thrill Ride Loving Dads – Treat your father to a day at Animal Kingdom. Head to Pandora – The World of Avatar for a ride on Avatar Flight of Passage, the top-rated attraction at Walt Dinsey World where he can fly on the back of a banshee and soar between incredible floating mountains. Or you may want to opt for the classic Expedition Everest for a high-speed climb into the Himalayas. But watch out for the Yeti!
2. For Tech-loving Dads – There’s no better hands-on playground for techie dads than Epcot! Car aficionados are in for a treat at Test Track Presented by Chevrolet where dad can design a virtual concept vehicle and take it for a spin. Afterwards, Dad can even pose for a picture with a Chevrolet dream car. Then move on to Soarin’ Around the world for an airborne adventure taking in some of the most famous landmarks and landscapes in the world.
3. For the Intrepid Adventurers – Disney’s Hollywood Studios is home to two amazing attractions that dad is sure to love. The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular will provide dads with a behind-the-scenes look at movie making magic. Dad may even get picked to be a part of the show. Hollywood Studios is also home to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith where fathers can reminisce about their rock star days on this high-speed, super-stretch limo coaster featuring songs by Aerosmith.
4. For Sports-loving Dads – Head over to ESPN Club located at Disney’s Boardwalk. This restaurant has over 100 video screens featuring satellite sports feeds. Its the perfect place to follow along with your favorite sports team while enjoying a pub-style menu featuring game day favorites like wings, loaded tots, crafty speciality cocktails and beers on tap.
5. For Dads that Love to Golf – This Father’s Day, golfers 18-years old and under play for free with Dad at all Walt Disney World Golf courses. Also for the first time, Walt Disney World Golf is proud to offer the game of FootGolf on Disney’s Oak Trail golf course.
6. For Boat-loving Dads – If your dad loves spending time on the open water, give him a one-of-a-kind experience he won’t soon forget with the Amphicars at Disney Springs. Take the Captain’s Guided Tour in a vintage Amphicar that drives on land before entering the waters of Lake Buena Vista with a splash! The Boathouse is also home to one of the world’s largest collections of fully restored Dream Boats from the 30s, 40s and 50s from classic Chris-Crafts to a one-of-a-kind jet boat that once reached speeds of 200 mph!
7. For Dads that Love a Drink – Treat dad to tasty drinks carefully paired with delicious dishes in the new Discover Bourbon at Disney Springs experience. Whether Dad is a bourbon enthusiast or just enjoys the occasional cocktail, this Disney Springs offering is perfect for an afternoon stroll with family.
These are just a handful of the many ways that you can spoil Dad at Walt Disney World this Father’s Day! There’s still plenty of fantastic last-minute packages available. Read below to find out how to get your FREE quote.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019