Though you may feel the temptation while at Animal Kingdom to scurry from one headlining attraction to another, in doing so you miss out on the incredible details that make this park so culturally enriching and vibrant. Nowhere is this more apparent than with the impressive array of street performers and street parties that you’ll see popping up during your visit to the theme park. Though you may not have time to cram them all in, we definitely suggest you give at least one of these amazing offerings a try. You won’t be disappointed. Oh, a don’t forget to bring your dancing shoes!
1. Discovery Island Carnivale – This nightly celebration inspired by Carnivale celebrations around the world is simply not to be missed! The festivities kick off with the distinctive sounds of Latin & World-beat rhythms culminating in a visit from Jose and Panchito from the Three Caballeros. The incredible musicians will entice you to dance the night away with their cheerful music and performers don beautiful costumes inspired by the living creatures of the land, air and sea. It’s a free-spirited dance party that needs to be experienced to be believed. Be prepared to clap your hands, dance and laugh as the sun sets over the Animal Kingdom Performances take place nightly on the hour from 4pm – 7pm (with extended hours in the Summer.)
2. Burudika – You’ll find these amazing performers in the Haramabe Marketplace area of Africa every half hour from 3:30 – 7:30 (summer hours may vary) where they will win you over with their renditions of sing-along Afro-pop classics like “You Can Call Me Al”, “Iko Iko” and so much more. They’ll even guide you through some African style dance moves.“Burudika” is Swahili for “to be refreshed” and that’s definitely how you’ll feel after this colorful street party.
3. Swotu Wayä Na’vi Drum Ceremony- Happening ever hour on the hour from 8am to park close, you won’t want to miss this exciting Pandora-themed celebration taking place at Swotu Wayä as a trio of local musicians perform a traditional Na’vi Drum Ceremony. The festivities take place in the heart of the Valley of Mo’ara with songs that were created to celebrates the spirit of Pandora – with massive drums, hanging orbs, colorful shells and many other Na’vi cultural artefacts!
4. Donald’s Dino-Bash – Launched just a few weeks ago this fun-filled celebration is ideal for Donald Duck fans. Donald is celebrating his recent discovery that ducks are descendants of dinosaurs. Feathered friends Scrooge McDuck and Launchpad McQuack will also be on hand to meet guests and as part of the fun, Donald will throw a nightly dance party where visitors young and old can go to shake your tail feathers!
5. Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe – If you’re lucky enough to catch these incredible drummers performing throughout the day at Harambe Marketplace in the Africa section of the park definitely stop and have a listen. We guarantee that you’ll be positively won over by the driving rhythms and contagious charisma of these impressive percussionists.
6. Viva Gaia Street Performers. In the afternoons (1pm onwards) be on the lookout for Viva Gaia in Discovery Island. This Caribbean street party will transport you to a never-to-be-forgotten celebration of life. It’s a fiery mix of masquerade and melody. Prepare to be dazzled by the magnificent colors, costumes, and dance!
So in between rushing to Pandora and hightailing it to Expedition Everest, we hope you’ll set aside of bit of time to enjoy some of the incredible performers found at Animal Kingdom, they really do add an extra magical element to your time at this wondrous theme park.
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest in Walt Disney World planning tips and tricks!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019