With Memorial Day weekend officially underway, there are two types of foods that come to mind: those that can be cooked on the grill and ice cream! Here at Disney Addicts, we are making the later the focus of today’s article. With the weather heating up in Orlando, we thought we’d share with you 10 of our favorite ways to cool off at Walt Disney World frozen treats-style!
1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake – 50’s Prime Time Cafe – Hollywood Studios – This Disney World treat has reached cult-like status and we can understand why. This milkshake is a delightful combination of vanilla ice cream, milk, peanut butter and jelly topped with whipped cream and a cherry. It’s simple yet perfect and will definitely remind you of all those delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwiches you ate as a child! This tasty treat can be yours for $7.
2. Dole Whips – Various Locations – A snack rite of passage no snack makes you feel like you’ve officially arrived at Disney World more than this iconic treat. You can pick one up in soft serve or float form at a few locations around Walt Disney World including Aloha Isle at Magic Kingdom, Tamu Tamu at Animal Kingdom (where it even comes with rum) and Pineapple Lanai at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Wherever you get it and in whatever form you’ll definitely be impressed with how delicious it really is!
3. Kitchen Sink Sundae – Beaches & Cream – Disney’s Beach Club Resort – We are absolutely smitten with this turn-of-the-century soda shop where they offer wonderful lunch options a well as indulgences like tasty milkshakes and incredible floats. For the ultimate treat for families visiting Disney for the first time, we suggest the Kitchen Sink Sundae. Coming in at $32 it isn’t cheap but it is worth it for the memories. This gigantic sundae made for sharing comes with scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, cookies and cream and mint chocolate chip ice cream covered in every sundae topping imaginable.
4. Le Fou’s Brew – Gaston’s Tavern – Magic Kingdom – This has to be one of our favorite treats in all of Walt Disney World! This delightful frozen concoction is perfect for those hot and humid Orlando afternoons. It’s made up of frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow and topped with a passion fruit-mango foam. You can get it with a souvenir mug for $13 or on its own for $6.
5. Kakigōri- Kabuki Cafe -Japan Pavilion -Epcot – Another must-try frozen treat, this is the Japanese take on shaved ice and comes in a nice array of mouthwatering flavors including melon, strawberry, tangerine, melon and cherry. However, what makes this treat so delicious is the sweet milk topping that they drizzle over the top. Trust us when we say that it is absolutely delicious! You get a heaping portion for $4!
6. Croque Glace – L’Artisan de Glaces- France Pavilion- Epcot- Speaking of Epcot, another one of our favorite frozen treats lies just around the corner at the France Pavilion. Guests choose from a wide variety of ice creams, add a bit sauce and then your customized treat is sandwiched between two slices of homemade brioche and pressed warm. It’s the perfect combination of warm pastry mixed with cool ice cream. Treat yourself to one for $7.
7. Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar – Various Locations – Walt Disney World- This iconic frozen treat is absolutely delicious in its simplicity. What you’ll get here is the classic vanilla ice cream bar covered in hard milk chocolate. Though it may not sound like much there is something so satisfying about unwrapping one of these treats while at the theme parks. A note of caution though, once the chocolate starts to melt it makes a mess like no other. Moms and dads have those baby wipes at the ready. You can pick one of these treats at snack carts throughout the parks where they retail for $5.
8. Purple Wall Slush – Tomorrowland Terrace – Magic Kingdom – A new Instagram-worthy drink has arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Drawing its inspiration from Magic Kingdom’s iconic purple wall, this taro tea slush comes with tapioca boba pearls, whipped cream and purple sparkles. Be sure to pick one up before snapping those Purple Wall shots as it makes the perfect accessory! One of these colorful treats will set you back $6.
9. Millennial Pink Milkshake – Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies – Magic Kingdom – One of the newest frozen treats on the block, this tasty technicoloured shake is sure to impress. You’ll find it at Auntie Gravity’s in Tomorrowland. You’ll get a strawberry milkshake topped with a heaping helping of cotton candy and house-made Mickey-shaped marshmallows. It can be yours for $8.
If you’re visiting Walt Disney World this Memorial Day weekend or throughout the Summer, any of the treats on our Top 10 list provides the perfect way to cool off when you start to feel the heat!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disney.
Image copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019