Having more time at home these days has allowed me to explore the offerings on Disney+. While there are some classic movies and TV shows, there are also some great documentaries! If you are a fan of all things Disney and Disney behind-the-scenes information (like me), then these are some documentaries you will want to watch!
- Waking Sleeping Beauty – Far from a fairy tale, Waking Sleeping Beauty is an unprecedented eye-opening look at the conflict, drama, and tension that ushered in the second chapter of Disney’s animation legacy – a decade of unparalleled creativity that included The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King. Take a behind-the-magic look at the people and events that forever changed the face of animation.
- Frank and Ollie – Before computer graphics, special effects wizardry and advanced technology, the magic of animation flowed from the pencils of two of the greatest animators Disney ever produced: Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston. Take a journey with these extraordinary artists as they share secrets, insights, and the inspiration behind some of the greatest animated movies the world has ever known.
- One Day at Disney – Discover the fascinating and inspiring personal stories of 10 incredible people behind the enduring magic of Disney. Through the lens of CEO Bob Iger, we follow each subject, including a legendary animator, the woman leading the next generation of Imagineers, and GMA’s Robin Roberts, throughout their day for an intimate glimpse into their unique journey. *There is also a series of One Day at Disney Shorts. Each episode offers an in-depth look at the lives of cast members dedicated to bringing magic to life.
- Disney Insider – Disney Insider is a docuseries that peels back the curtain of The Walt Disney Company like never before. Tune in each week as the series takes viewers behind the movies, theme parks, destinations, music, toys, and more. Each episode offers three unique stories that capture the magical moments and heartfelt storytelling that is Disney.
- The Imagineering Story – Behind the magic of every Disney theme park lay mud, sweat and fears. Creating happiness is hard work. For nearly 70 years, a unique blend of artists and engineers – called Imagineers – have cultivated an impossible notion from the mind of one man, Walt Disney, into a global phenomenon that touches the hearts of millions. Given unprecedented access, Academy Award-nominated filmmaker, Leslie Iwerks, leads the viewer on a journey behind the curtains of Walt Disney Imagineering, the little known design and development center of The Walt Disney Company, to discover what it takes to create, design, and build twelve Disney theme parks around the world.
What are some of your favorite Disney documentaries on Disney+?
If you’d like to start planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! My name is Sara Solberg and I am a travel agent with Amazing Magical Adventures, a Disney Earmarked agency. I will help you plan an amazing trip at no extra cost to you!
- Full details for A Touch of Disney ticketed event coming to California Adventure - February 24, 2021
- Acronyms only Disney Addicts will understand - February 23, 2021
- Should you Visit Disney World during the 50th Anniversary Celebration? - February 20, 2021