Disney’s Cruise Line newest ship, the Disney Wish is ready to set sail in 2022!
Yesterday there was an event showing everything that you will be able to enjoy on this new ship, did you miss it? Don’t worry! We have a roundup of the event for you.
The Disney Wish will offer three-four night cruises to Nassau, Bahamas and Castaway Cay beginning in June 2022. You can start booking your cruise on May 27, 2021.
Design Concept: Wish Upon A Star
The design concept was inspired by timeless tales of wishes come true, a theme found at the heart of so many Disney stories that will manifest in wondrous ways throughout the ship.
“Daring to dream even bigger, our imagineers are creating a breathtaking new world of enchantment aboard the Disney Wish” said Laura Cabo, portfolio creative executive for Walt Disney Imagineering.
To “swim”-finity and beyond!
If you are going on a Disney cruise there has to be some fun in the sun right? Disney Wish is taking this to the next level with a brand new family water attraction and three themed districts that offer a space for families, children and adults.
- AquaMouse: Get immersed in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts aboard this new Disney attraction at sea. It features show scenes, lightning and special effects, as well as, zig zags and zooms through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks! Sounds so fun!
- Toy Story themed district: This area was designed for families with toddlers and young children and includes a splash zone, wading pool, family waterslide and smoothie bar.
- Quiet Cove: Adults will love this peaceful refuge dedicated to lounging, sipping and soaking. Set away from the bustle of family activities, this secluded adults only district will feature a luxurious infinity pool, poolside bar and chic cafe.
A Culinary Cabaret
- Arendelle: A Frozen Dining Adventure: Disney’s first “Frozen” themed theatrical dining experience that will bring the world of Arendelle to life through live entertainment and world class cuisine infused with Nordic influences.
- Worlds of Marvel: This first ever Marvel cinematic dining adventure will allow guests to play an interactive role in an action packed Avengers mission that unfolds around them, complete with a menu inspired by the Marvel universe.
- 1923: Named after the year The Walt Disney Company was founded, this restaurant celebrates the company’s legacy. It plays homage to the golden age of animation and offers a tasteful tribute to its California heritage with dishes inspired by the state’s unique fusion of cultural flavors.
A Whole New World of Family Entertainment
- Grand Hall: This place will evolve from a fairytale gathering space into an environmental theater through the magic of built-in special effect and the first ever atrium stage on a Disney ship.
- Luna: A brand new entertainment hub that will transition from a daytime setting for family fun into an elegant evening venue for adult exclusive entertainment, offering live shows and interactive programming throughout the day.
- Hero Zone: A futuristic sports arena where physical activity will blend with imagination during action packed challenges and game show style competitions for families to take on together.
- Walt Disney Theatre: A show palace will come alive with original Broadway style stage productions developed exclusively for Disney Cruise Line.
- Wonderland and Never Land Cinemas: These are more intimate screening rooms that will offer guests more options to watch classic and first-run films from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm and more.
Imaginations, Assemble! Cool Clubs for Kids of All Ages
These Cool Clubs will allow kids to be the heroes of their own stories. Designed for kids age 3-12, here they will enjoy programs that combine deeply engaging, enriching activities with special playtime with Disney friends.
- Marvel Super Hero Academy: At these high-tech Avengers headquarters, young recruits will train to be the next generation of Super Heroes! They will be trained by Spider-Man, Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Fairytale Hall: A royal trio of activity rooms where princesses and princes will let their creativity shine at Rapunzel’s Art Studio, read and act out stories at Belle’s Library and test newfound icy powers at Anna and Elsa’s Sommerhus.
- Walt Disney Imagineering Lab: Here kids will have the opportunity to discover the secrets of world renowned Disney Imagineers! And participate in activities and inventive experiments.
For little kids ages 6 months to 3 years old, the Disney Wish offers “It’s a Small World Nursery” with babysitting services in a whimsical environment inspired by the attraction.
Edge (ages 11-14) and Vibe (ages 14 to 17) are trendy hangouts for tweens and teens to chill and play in their own way, with dedicated programming designed to engage the unique interest of these age groups.
A Trove of Untold Treasures Exclusively for Adults
Adults aboard the Disney Wish will escape, relax, dine and play in more ways than ever with exclusive venues and entertainment just for them!
- Star Wars: Hyperspace Lounge: A high end bar styled as a luxurious yacht class spaceship. This location will be reserved for adults every evening, offering interactive tasting experiences and signature beverages inspired by destinations such as Batuu, Tatooine and Mustafar.
- Palo Steakhouse: It combines the relaxed sophistication of authentic Italian dining with the classic refinement of a modern steakhouse in a genteel setting inspired by Cogsworth.
- Enchante: Will offer the most luxurious dining experience on board, featuring a gourmet menu crafted by three Michelin-starred Chef Arnaud Lallement. This romantic and intimate venue will evoke the dazzling spirit of the film’s candelabra Lumiere.
- The Rose: This chick lounge at the entrance of Palo Steakhouse and Enchante is inspired by the fateful flower at the heart of the story. The Rose is an idyllic setting for a pre-dinner aperitif or after-dinner cocktail.
- Senses Spa: A tranquil oasis offering indulgent spa and beauty treatments, drawing on the serenity of natural elements to promote pampering and relaxation. It features private treatment rooms, spa villas, and steam and aromatherapy rooms. Guests can also enjoy the Senses Fitness to work out.
Artful Accommodations Where Dreams Do Come True
Step in enchantment with these dreamy Disney staterooms and suites on board the Disney Wish. They will be luxurious, peaceful and with plenty of storage and upscale amenities.
- Staterooms: Located above the bridge, boasting floor to ceiling windows that reveal breathtaking ocean views overlooking the bow of the ship.
- Royal Suites: Richly adorned, lavishly appointed suites that accommodate up to 6 people and feature extravagant details and first class amenities.
The ship looks amazing! We can’t wait to go on it next year!
Credit: Disney Cruise Line
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Delicious Epcot 40 Treats Coming Soon To Walt Disney World! - September 23, 2022
- New Epcot 40 Merchandise Coming Soon To Disney World And ShopDisney! - September 22, 2022
- First Look At “Duffy & Friends” Short Series! - September 16, 2022