Breaking down everything we know so far about Epic Universe, Universal’s Orlando’s newest theme park that will be opening in 2025
Universal Orlando Resort is known for taking guests on thrilling adventures. The Central Florida resort is once again expanding, constructing an all-new theme park that will be known as Epic Universe. The size, scope, and scale of Epic Universe is shaping up to be a big deal for all thrill-seekers and theme park lovers out there. Here’s everything we know so far about this exciting new world.
The most commonly asked question about Epic Universe is “When can we visit?” While an exact opening date hasn’t been announced yet, Universal Orlando has noted the park will open sometime in 2025. Two of the on-property hotels, Stella Nova and Terra Luna, have already announced opening dates in January and February, with bookings for those times open! The third resort hotel, which will be located INSIDE the park, is currently under construction and will likely not open until Epic Universe opens to the public.
Another common question we get about Epic Universe is its size. To put it simply, this park is going to be massive! It’s set to be the largest Universal park in the United States, giving you plenty of space to explore and enjoy. The park is currently under construction within a larger 750-acre site, south of the existing Universal Orlando Resort. Epic Universe alone will cover a massive 108 acres, with additional space being needed for items like parking lots, resort hotels, and backstage areas.
Epic Universe will be situated a few miles from the current Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure parks in Orlando, Florida. It’s close enough to be convenient but separate enough to feel like a whole new world. Guests staying at on-property resort hotels will enjoy complimentary transportation between the parks.
Universal has been quite secretive about the specific details, but they’ve confirmed a few lands and attractions that are sure to make your visit epic:
- Super Nintendo World: After its success in Japan, this Nintendo-themed land is making its way to Orlando. Expect to see iconic characters and settings from the world of Mario, Luigi, and their friends. Attractions coming to Super Nintendo World include Yoshi’s Adventure and a Donkey Kong roller coaster.
- Dark Universe: This land will pay homage to Universal’s heritage, featuring attractions based on its iconic horror film characters like Dracula, Frankenstein, and The Wolf Man. This land will likely contain at least one indoor high-speed dark ride.
While not confirmed, there are strong rumors about other lands and attractions that might appear in Epic Universe, with construction progress now including rides and facade seemingly confirming these rumors:
- How to Train Your Dragon Land: Fans of the popular animated movies will get to explore the world of dragons and Vikings. There is currently a dealing roller coaster that is being built in the area that is rumored to be How to Train Your Dragon Land.
- A New Harry Potter Section: Building on the success of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, there will likely be another section dedicated to this magical world. The area will likely be based in France and will include a Ministry of Magic, which will likely contain a high-speed indoor dark ride.
Universal Orlando’s Epic Universe promises to be an incredible addition to the world of theme parks. With confirmed and rumored lands that cater to fans of various popular franchises, it’s shaping up to be a must-visit destination. Keep an eye out for more details as we get closer to the grand opening in 2025!
Ready to book your next epic vacation, but don’t know where to start? Want to enjoy a Universal Orlando vacation without the stress of planning, booking, and tracking trip changes and promotions? Contact me today! As an agent with Destinations To Travel specializing in Universal destinations, I can help you stress less and enjoy your vacation more! The best part? My services are provided at NO ADDITIONAL COST when you book your Universal vacation package through me!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Everything We Know About Universal Epic Universe Theme Park - January 31, 2024
- Breaking Down Disney World’s Updated Theme Park Reservation Process - January 29, 2024
- 10 Must-See Magical Details of Zootopia at Shanghai Disney Resort - January 24, 2024