Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary is getting closer and the excitement is growing! The official anniversary date is October 1st, 2021. We know that there will be new attractions, restaurants, and entertainment to commemorate the occasion but also expect a few surprises. Let’s dive into everything we currently know about the 50th-anniversary celebration!
1. Parks will be Busy- Guests visiting during the week of October 1, 2021, should expect parks to be busy. We know that Magic Kingdom has already reached reservation capacity for that day and expect other parks will reach capacity as well. Making park reservations well in advance will be necessary.
2. More Disney Resort Hotels will be Open- Resort hotels are slowly starting to open back up. By March 22, Di8sney’s All-Star Movies Resort will be back in business. Following closely after will be Disney’s Beach Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Disney’s Polynesian Resort is set to finish refurbishment by summer 2021 and we can’t wait to see the refurbished resort with the new Moana theme!
3. New Restaurants- We all know that the food is one of the best parts of a Disney vacation! Soon there will be a few more great dining options. One of the most anticipated new restaurants is EPCOT’s Space 220. This restaurant will provide completely unique dining experience that makes guests feel as though they are dining in a space station above Earth! A new creperie is also set to open in EPCOT. Woody’s Roundup Rodeo is a new restaurant set to open in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This restaurant will follow with the theme of Toy Story Land and have guests feeling as though they are “toy-sized”.
4. New Attractions- Really exciting and highly anticipated new attractions are coming! Unfortunately, it was announced that Tron: Lightcycle will not yet be ready to open by the anniversary date. Although we do not have specific dates, we can expect these attractions to be open by the anniversary.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure- This attraction is located in the France pavilion in EPCOT’s World Showcase. This new ride will feature the same trackless ride vehicle technology we’ve seen used for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Rise of the Resistance. It appears as if the attraction is very close to complete!
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind- Another EPCOT attraction, this will be a completely unique attraction and also one of the world’s largest indoor roller coasters! We caught a glimpse of the one-of-kind ride vehicles being delivered and hope it’s a sign that they are making good time with the attraction. This ride looks like it is going to be amazing!
5. A Newly Imagined EPCOT- It’s no secret that EPCOT has been under construction. So many new and exciting things are happening there! The entire park is undergoing reimagining. With newly reimagined neighborhoods, new attractions, and new restaurants- there is so much to look forward to at EPCOT. We are also looking forward to the debut of EPCOT’s new nighttime show- HarmoniUS. We expect this show to debut once shows are deemed safe again. We recently saw the addition of 5 large barges in the World Showcase Lagoon in preparation for this new show. While we have no exact dates, we are hopeful shows will be safe to resume in some capacity by the anniversary date.
6. Special Offerings- No Disney celebration would be complete without special food and beverage offerings and special merchandise! We can expect lots of special celebratory offerings throughout the parks and resorts. We may even see some park-exclusive 50th-anniversary merchandise.
With all of the craziness of 2020, it feels so good to know that new and exciting things are on the horizon! I can not wait to visit Walt Disney World Resort during the celebration!
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- 5 Must-Do Restaurants for First-Timers at Disney World - September 26, 2022
- 5 Hidden Gem Restaurants at Disney World You Don’t Want to Miss - September 21, 2022
- Exciting New Experiences Coming to Walt Disney World - September 19, 2022