Esteemed Disney Imagineer Joe Rohde, whose contributions were pivotal when it comes to the beauty and authenticity of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park recently appeared in a video sharing some of his favorite (and sometimes overlooked) details that contribute to making Animal Kingdom the magical, vibrant park that it is today. If you’ll be visiting Animal Kingdom in the weeks or months ahead, be sure to check out some of Joe’s favorite Animal Kingdom spots:
1. The Queue for Expedition Everest – Joe Rohde and his team of Disney Imagineers travelled the world making sure every detail was just right when it came to creating the lands that makeup Animal Kingdom. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the queue of Expedition Everest as you approach the big temple. Check out the courtyard which is rich with Nepalese details inspired by the team’s visit to the Himalayas.
2. Walking around the Tree of Life – As anyone who has visiting Animal Kingdoms It’s Tough to Be a Bug attraction will tell you, the Tree of Life, Animal Kingdom’s iconic central landmark, is equally as beautiful close-up. You can see many of the intricately carved figures in stunning detail as they snake their way around the bottom of the trunk and around the theatre housing this educational insect-themed show.
3. The Hippo River – Next time you’re riding the Kilimanjaro Safaris, pay careful attention to the Hippo River. Believe it or not, this wonderful recreation of a Hippo habitat is the only one of its kind in the United States!
4. The Outdoor Seating Area at Flame Tree Barbecue – I have to agree with Joe as this is one of my favorite spots in all of Animal Kingdom. Next time you pick up your lunch at this much-loved quick service location, don’t be afraid to explore the outdoor seating area and find a quiet nook to enjoy your break. You’ll find gorgeous outdoor reflecting ponds here that were inspired by the team’s visits to Bali where they were working with local woodworkers on many of the details you see at the park today.
5. Flight of Passage – When it comes to attractions, this state of the art offering at Pandora in Animal Kingdom is an experience like no other as you soar on the backs of a Banshee. Be whisked away through the magical landscapes of Pandora with the Na’vi people in a ride that may just leave a tear in your eye and will definitely be a talking point for months to come!
Check out the complete video of Joe sharing his favorite spots at Animal Kingdom:
These are just a handful of many incredible reasons you’ll want to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of this wonderful theme park during your next visit to Disney World. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the lastest tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your Animal Kingdom visit.
Now is the perfect time to start planning your Star Wars-themed Disney getaway. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019