Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opened on August 29th, 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
So today marks the first year anniversary since we traveled to the planet of Batuu in a galaxy far far away. And just a few months after the big opening, guests had to opportunity to enjoy the super popular attraction Rise of the Resistance which debuted on December 5, 2019.
The addition of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Hollywood Studios comes during a period of record expansion at the Walt Disney World Resort, creating more then 7,000 jobs in Central Florida, 1700 being operational roles like leadership positions, entertainment performers, attraction engineers and more!
The demand of the new land was so high that the park was scheduled to open at 6am and fans were ready in line since 3:30am. As soon as the doors opened, everyone ran directly to the Millennium Falcon, ready to enjoy the attraction!
At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, you will enjoy attractions like Rise of the Resistance and Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
You can also make your own lightsaber and droid at their custom merchandise locations!
When it comes to food you have:
- Oga’s Cantina: Where you can sample local beverages.
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo: You will eat inside a working hangar bay and enjoy galactic favorites!
- Milk Stand: Here you’ll find the blue and green milk that Luke Skywalker drank in the movies.
- Ronto Roasters: Enjoy a delicious grilled sausage and roasted pork wrap.
There are also several merchandise locations like Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities and Black Spire Outfitters.
And speaking of this new land, you can now travel to Batuu with The Sims 4! The new game will debut on September 8th and it looks great! Make sure to check it out!
Credit: Disney and Orlando Sentinel.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- Ornament Decorating With Ostrich Egg Shells Now Available At The Animal Kingdom Lodge! - December 8, 2022
- D23 Is Hosting 23 Days Of Giveaways For Season Of Magic! - December 2, 2022
- Customized Disney Themed Products To Remember Your Magical Vacation Forever! - December 1, 2022