The Very Merrytime cruises are back for 2019 aboard the Disney Cruise Line! These special cruise sailings depart in November and December on all four ships and include themed holiday festivities, “snow flurries,” delicious food, decorative fanfare and more. The whole ship (and even Castaway Cay) are decorated with Christmas trees, garlands, poinsettias and lots of lights to truly help you get into the holiday spirit! If you are on the fence about taking a Very Merrytime cruise, let me give you three reasons that you should!
- Mickey and the gang, Santa Claus, Mrs, Claus, and “Frozen” friends are all on board and ready to celebrate with you at Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Ball! This festive celebration happens in the atrium featuring Broadway-quality entertainment.
- The holiday season is always crazy busy and stressful, but on board the ship you can relax, not have to worry about cleaning or cooking and focus on family time!
- No cold-weather gear needed as you’ll be on a tropical getaway! Leave the snow boots and jackets at home while you sail to fantastic tropical islands.
If those points don’t excite you for a Very Merrytime cruise, let’s dive into some of the awesome onboard festivities you can participate in.
- Mickey’s Tree Lighting Magic Ceremony: At this festive get-together, kids can help light the ship’s Christmas Tree in the ship’s atrium.
- Deck the Deck Tropical Holiday Party: On the pool deck, you’ll be able to dance, play games, and even try out some candy-cane limbo.
- Gingerbread House: This lifesize gingerbread house is made from all edible ingredients is amazing! Just make sure you don’t eat it as it is a photograph only experience.
- Santa Claus Meet-and-Greet: Skip the mall and see the jolly red man onboard the ship for pictures and hugs.
- Disney Character Greetings: Some of your favorite characters will be donned in their holiday attire for you to get one-of-a-kind pictures.
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus: All children can join Mrs. Claus in the atrium by the tree for Christmas stories.
- Themed Crafts and Activities: Holiday Scavenger hunts, decorating stockings, and creating festive cards are just a few of the things that kids can do onboard.
- Youth Parties: Teens and Tweens are invited to celebrate the holiday spirit with great music and dance parties.
- Holiday Merchandise: The ship’s stores will have exclusive, holiday-themed gifts and souvenirs that you don’t want to miss.
Now that you don’t want to miss out on this merry experience, let’s talk about when are where these cruises are happening. The Disney Dream will sail from Port Canaveral on 3 and 4-night cruises including a stop at Castaway Cay between November 8th through December 23rd. The Disney Fantasy will sail from Port Canaveral on 7-night cruises stopping at tropical ports including Castaway Cay between November 9th through December 21st. The Disney Wonder will sail from Texas on various voyages across the Bahamas and Caribbean between November 8th through December 20th. Lastly, the Disney Magic will sail from New York and Miami to the Caribbean, Bahamas, and in some cases Port Canaveral between November 10th through December 21st.
These Very Merrytime cruises are a great way to celebrate the holidays and soak up the sun with your loved ones. There are tons of festivities and memories that await you on these Very Merrytime Cruises. So what are you waiting for?
Are you ready for a pixie perfect vacation? I’m a travel agent specializing in Disney Destinations, Universal Orlando and more! I’m with Chip and Company’s official travel partner, Key to the World Travel! My concierge planning services are completely free when you book your magical vacation through me, so what are you waiting for? Let’s start making memories for your family that will last a lifetime! Email me at email@example.com today or message me on Facebook!
Photo Credit: Disney Parks Blog
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Favorite Breakfast Places in the Disney World Parks that aren’t a Buffet - May 17, 2019
- Very Merrytime Cruises are back in 2019 aboard Disney Cruise Line - May 15, 2019
- What isn’t included on my Disney Cruise? - May 10, 2019