A new service is coming to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts this fall! Disney Genie is a complimentary service available in the My Disney Experience app that will let you create your best Disney day. The features of Disney Genie include a personalized itinerary creator that effortlessly and smartly maps out an entire day inspired by the things you love – helping you make the most of your park time so you can have more fun.
Similar to a navigation app on your phone, Disney Genie continues to update your itinerary from morning to night as the day changes, so you can stay spontaneous and go with the flow – whether you need a nap, encounter an unexpected rain shower or want to take a detour for a Mickey ice cream bar.
Behind the scenes, the app is capable of magically evaluating thousands of possible itineraries in seconds – so you don’t even have to think about it! Disney Genie puts guests at the center of the experience by prioritizing ways to:
• Reduce time in lines while keeping in mind your top picks
• Pace your day with experiences you’ll enjoy – and haven’t already done yet
• Build around your existing plans like dining reservations and Park Hopper® preferences
Disney Genie uses Disney’s 50+ years of knowledge and expertise in how guests visit the parks to make the experience better for everyone.
With this launch, the Lightning Lane entrance is also being introduced. Available for purchase through the Disney Genie+ add-on at more than 40 attractions – or individually, “a la carte” at some of the most highly demanded attractions – the Lightning Lane entrance can save you time waiting in line.
Similar to the FastPass system that used to be available at Disneyland, Disney Genie+ will allow guests to select arrival windows for Lightning Lane entrances available at attractions across the parks, one at a time throughout the day. Guests with Park Hopper access will be able to use this service at multiple parks in a single day.
The Disney Genie+ service will be available for $15 per guest per day.
How to Purchase
- Before Your Visit: Available as an add-on to a ticket or vacation package for the duration of visit. Purchase via Disneyworld.com or authorized travel professionals.
- Same Day of Visit: Available for single-day use for existing ticket holders or Annual Passholders. Purchase via Disney Genie service in the My Disney Experience app.
- When to Select Attractions: Once you have Disney Genie+ service, you can book the next available arrival window for your first experience via the My Disney Experience app beginning at 7:00 a.m. on the day of your visit.
Separate from the Disney Genie+ is the Individual Lightning Lane Selections. Right now there are 2 attractions per theme park that will require a separate purchase in order to use Lightning Lane. Guests will not need to purchase Disney Genie+ in order to use this feature. Those rides will be available “á la carte”.
Pricing and availability will vary by date, attraction, and park. Be sure to check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for current prices and attraction availability. You won’t be able to purchase until the same day you plan to visit that park.
When to Select Attractions
You can purchase individual selections for up to 2 different attractions per day.
- Guests of a Disney Resort Hotel and Other Select Hotels: These Guests can make their first purchase starting at 7:00 a.m. on the day of their visit. Available to Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green.
- All Other Guests: These Guests can make their first purchase when the park opens.
The Disney website gives the following examples for individual Lightning Lane pricing:
“Prices will vary by date, attraction and park. For example, the Lightning Lane entrance to Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will be $9 per person on October 19 and $11 per person on October 23.
As another example, on both those dates, Lightning Lane entrance to Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain will be $7 per person, while Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be $15 per person.
Throughout the year, prices may be lower on some days and higher on other days. This option may be purchased at up to 2 different attractions each day.”
Disney Genie will debut at Walt Disney World on October 19 and will be available at the Disneyland Resort at a later date. Stay tuned for more information regarding how it will work there!
For help with planning your next Disney vacation, contact me today! I am a travel agent with a Disney Earmarked agency and my services are complimentary.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- What is Disney Genie & Lightning Lane? - October 9, 2021
- Disney Cruise Line offers Enchanting Entertainment for families - October 6, 2021
- Disney World celebrates the 50th anniversary with new Annual Passholders Experiences - October 5, 2021