One of our favorite ways to travel is unavailable to us. Cruising has been suspended since earlier this year due to the pandemic. Walt Disney World and other Disney parks around the world have reopened to guests which makes us wonder, when will we get to take a Disney cruise again?
The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has issued guidelines for cruise lines to resume operations, but meeting those restrictions can take time! All cruise ships will have to meet specific requirements for recertification and only then will they be allowed to start a phased return to service.
One big requirement for recertification is conducting trial sailings with employees and volunteers. The CDC will also require testing and additional safeguards for crew members along with onboard facilities in place to test future passengers.
Other requirements include:
- No itineraries longer than 7 days
- Cruise lines must notify passengers of COVID-19 risk
- COVID-19 screening for all passengers & crew before embarking
- COVID-19 testing done the day of embarkation for all passengers & crew
- Social distancing for dining and entertainment venues
The CDC also recently classified cruising as the highest risk level for getting COVID-19. This could make returning to sailing even more difficult for cruise lines.
Disney Cruise Line has not mentioned how it is preparing to resume sailing or how it will conduct the trial cruises. We do know that all DCL sailings through January 31, 2021, have been canceled and all February sailings have been removed from the Disney Cruise Line website.
Chances are the February sailings will also be canceled. There is hope that the March cruises will be able to sail, but it could take Disney Cruise Line months before they are given the official “go-ahead” for sailing again.
If you’d like more information on Disney cruises, or if you’d like to plan your next cruise, contact me today! I am a travel agent with Amazing Magical Adventures and I can help you plan a memorable vacation at no extra cost to you.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- Celebrate Health and Wellness at Disney Springs - January 12, 2022
- FULL Menus Released for EPCOT’S 2022 Festival of the Arts! - January 7, 2022
- Disney World Special Offers for Spring and Summer of 2022 - January 5, 2022