When people think of “Disney food” they normally envision Mickey-shaped food. Mickey ice cream bars, Mickey soft pretzels, Mickey Rice Krispy Treats, even Mikey shaped chicken nuggets. Then there’s the usual park food—pizza, corn dogs, french fries. Oh, the French fries! There is something about Disney fries! Wait. What were we talking about? Yes, there is a lot of kid-friendly food at Walt Disney World. There’s also some really yummy food for grown ups! I’m not talking the most adventurous options out there, although I highly recommend Jungle Navigation Company Skipper Canteen and Spice Road Table. I’m talking about STEAK! Where in Walt Disney World can you find a decent steak? You may be surprised to know that there are actually several places to find a delicious steak dinner! Here are a few of the top options.
- LeCellier Steakhouse: LeCellier, in the Canada pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase, is famous for its steak. Seriously, people have raved about it for years. So much so that it used to be near impossible to get a reservation! Disney decided that the popularity, quality, and overall experience warranted changing LeCellier to a Signature Dining restaurant. With that change came higher prices and 2 credits on the Disney Dining Plan. It is still worth it though! Not only is the atmosphere lovely, the food is absolutely fabulous! So many steak choices with sides such as Mushroom Risotto, Cheddar Cheese Soup, pretzel bread, and Poutine. Come hungry because you will want to lick your plate! The Filet with Risotto is my absolute favorite!
- Yachtsman Steakhouse: Yachtsman is one of those “off the beaten path” table service restaurants. Yachtsman Steakhouse is found at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. Since it isn’t in a park, people don’t normally think of it when deciding where to dine. Unlike LeCellier, there isn’t anything special in regards to theming here. But what Yachtsman is lacking in theming, it makes up for in the food. I’m going to say it—The steaks at Yachtsman are better than the steaks at LeCellier. The filet melts in your mouth! I am pretty picky about how my steak is cooked and every single time I’ve eaten here my steak has been cooked to perfection. As a Signature Dining restaurant, prices will be on the high-end and it does count as 2 table service credits on the dining plan but the food is 100% worth it.
- California Grill: There is so much to love about California Grill, situated atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Amazing views, delicious food, proximity to Magic Kingdom. You will have a difficult time deciding what to eat here because there are so many amazing choices but if you opt for the steak, you won’t be disappointed. Try the Oak-Fired Filet with Whiskey Apple Butter and a side of risotto. Yum! Since this is a Signature Dining restaurant, you may want to dress up and make a date night of it! If you time your dinner right, you can enjoy fireworks viewing as well. That’s my kind of romantic evening!
- Kona Café: Kona is another overlooked dining spot. Known for the Tonga Toast it serves at breakfast, people don’t normally come to Polynesian Village Resort to eat at Kona for dinner. ‘Ohana, yes, but we will get to that later. It’s a shame really because Kona is a solid option for a great meal! Kona is a casual spot, open to the beautiful atmosphere of the Great Ceremonial House. Kona features an onstage sushi kitchen and an extensive Asian-American fusion menu. Steak options include what is billed as The Perfect Porterhouse, as well as Black Angus Ribeye and a New York Strip. Escape the Magic Kingdom and come sit a spell for a casual, yet scrumptious, dinner.
- ‘Ohana: Oh, “Ohana, how I love thee! I might be a little obsessed. If you’ve eaten dinner here, you understand my feelings. Character meal for breakfast, and foodie heaven for dinner, ‘Ohana, at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, is definitely a universal favorite. For my steak lovers, there are oak-grilled, marinated steak skewers. Unlimited steak skewers! Don’t overdo it on your main course though. You will definitely want to save room for the famous “Ohana Bread Pudding. Side note: you cannot take the Bread Pudding to go. Something about the ice cream melting.
- Turf Club: Truly a hidden gem, Turf Club is a quaint little restaurant at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. Because of its location, reservations are easy to get. People are missing out though. With boat service to Disney Springs, Saratoga Springs is in a great location. You can dine on the terrace or inside, both overlooking the river and Disney Springs. Because it isn’t the #1 hot spot on property, you won’t feel rushed at all. It’s a great place to relax and just enjoy a good meal with good company. But we aren’t here for the views or the atmosphere. We are here because of the food! Turf Club has a fairly diverse menu with everything from “slap-yo-Mama-good” fried chicken (that’s what my husband has dubbed it) to venison to fresh seafood to the amazing steak. Come eat then head over to Disney Springs, where you could easily turn the evening into a dinner and a movie night!
- STK Orlando: I’d be remiss if I didn’t name STK in an article about that very thing–STeaK. STK is a signature dining spot located in Disney Springs. There are too many steak choices to list but they include ribeyes, sirloins, filets, Delmonicos, porterhouses, and a couple of options for steak for 2. The STK feature is a filet mignon served with butter poached lobster tail. Now that sounds good!
So, did I miss any? I know I did because there are other restaurants, like Be Our Guest, that also serve steak. Where is your favorite steak in Walt Disney World? Please share, because we can’t survive on Chicken nuggets, pizza, and french fries alone!
Photos courtesy Disney®
Are you ready to make magical memories of your own? Contact me via email or submit the form below for your free quote! As a College of Disney Knowledge graduate and Senior Travel Planner with Key to the World Travel, the official travel partner of Disney Addicts and Chip & Co., I am your best resource for a stress free, magical trip! I am here to help you with all Disney destinations worldwide, Adventures by Disney, and Disney Cruise Line as well as all theme park vacations, all cruise lines, and more! Best of all, my concierge planning services are FREE to those who book their vacations through me! Contact me today and follow me on Facebook and Instagram for travel related news–Disney and beyond!
Latest posts by Theresa Perry (see all)
- Where Can I Find a Good Steak at Walt Disney World? - March 7, 2019
- Do I Need a Passport for My Disney Cruise? - March 6, 2019
- What Do I Do With My Mickey Balloon When My Disney Trip Is Over? - March 6, 2019