As we inch ever closer to Easter Weekend, we here at Disney Addicts have found ourselves thinking a lot about food! April is shaping up to be a pretty exciting month for Disney foodies with an impressive array of both savory and sweet treats. If you’re lucky enough to be visiting Magic Kingdom this month, here are 10 incredible eats that you’ll want to be sure to try.
1. Flower Crown Cupcakes – (pictured above) Let’s be honest, you can’t visit Magic Kingdom without tucking in to at least one cupcake! For those looking for Disney decadence, the Flower Crown Cupcake definitely delivers. It’s made up of a vanilla cupcake filled with raspberry buttercream and topped with a buttercream flower crown and Minnie Ears made of hard candy.
2. Orange Cream Swirl – Fans of Sunshine Tree Terrace will already be familiar with the delicious and refreshing Citrus Swirl which is a combination of a frozen orange juice slushy twisted with vanilla soft-serve. However, this Adventureland eatery has also introduced a new treat into the mix. The Orange Cream Swirl twists together vanilla soft serve with Orange Dole Soft-Serve to create a new tasty treat. Both swirls are now available in a float or a cup! We suggest you try them both!
3. Ham, Brie and Grain Mustard Sandwich – Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland always draws in the crowds with their Le Fou’s Brew and giant cinnamon rolls. We think the new ham and brie sandwich is sure to be a crowd pleaser as well due to its size alone! This hefty helping features ham, brie and grain mustard. There’s also a version with smoked turkey, swiss, and cranberry aioli. You can’t go wrong with either one!
4. Cookies & Cream Cheesecake – Fans of Sonny Eclipse will want to head on over to Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe to try out this sweet treat. It made of a cookies & cream cheesecake topped with chocolate, galaxy sprinkles, and a white chocolate piece featuring Sonny Eclipse himself!
5. Italian Cream Cake – We continue to be impressed with the menu over at Pinocchio Village Haus and this new dessert is no exception. The new lemon italian cream cake cake comes topped with cream cheese icing, coconut, and a white chocolate piece and features Jiminy Cricket!
6. Grilled Cheese Flatbread – For those looking for the perfect lunchtime dish, Pinocchio Village Haus also does a new flatbread of the month each month. The flatbread for April will be the Grilled Cheese Flatbread which comes with ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, swiss, and cheddar and is served with a side of tomato-basil soup for dipping!
7. Mint Julep Lemonade – A new beverage has arrived at Casey’s Corner on Main Street U.S.A. The Mint Julep Lemonade Slushy is a non-alcoholic slushy that comes with mojito-flavoured syrup, a cherry garnish, lime and a lemon wedge.
8. Cuban Hot Diggety Dog – Like Pinocchio Village Haus, Casey’s Corner does their own monthly treat, the mammoth Hot Diggity Dog. For April this hotdog that is perfect for sharing will be a Cuban and will feature mojo pork, relish, swiss cheese, and mustard. If you aren’t a fan of hotdogs, you can also have the special toppings of the month added to an order of fries!
9. Cookie Dough Ice Cream – For those with a sweet tooth, the Plaza Ice Cream Parlour will be serving up a special flavor for the month of April – Cookie Dough. Get this much-loved classic ice cream variety in a cone, a sundae or wedged between two freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.
10 Turtle Milkshake – Last but not least, Plaza Restaurant at the top of Main Street will have a special milkshake of the month for April. The (bottomless!) Turtle Milkshake will feature vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce and walnuts.
If you’ll be visiting Magic Kingdom next month, be sure to try out some of the tasty options on our list and let us know which ones are your favorite!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019