When we think of Disney, adults likely is not the first thing that comes to mind. Many people falsely believe that Disney is a place only for children and families. Well, those people are oh so wrong! Some of my very best memories are from adult-only trips to Walt Disney World Resort! Trust me, it is a whole new experience when you go with other grown-ups. Whether it be with the girls on a girls’ trip, a fun group of friends or your significant other, adult-only trips are so much fun! Let’s discuss what I love about them- here are my top 5 reasons!
1. You can forget your worries and be a kid again! There is just something about being on Disney property that brings out the inner child in us! With jobs, responsibilities, bills, and just life in general, it feels so good to be surrounded by joy and magic in the Disney “bubble”. Grab your favorite Mickey or Minnie ears, get yourself a giant balloon and just soak up the Disney magic! It is just not often that we as adults get to truly let our inner child out, and there is no better place to do that than Disney!
2. You can be on your own schedule- or no schedule! It is truly a great feeling to be able to go at your own pace. Disney is such an exciting place and children can easily get overly tired or overstimulated which can lead to some serious meltdowns. It is so nice to not have to worry about snacks or naps or bathroom breaks for children! Although, I do know a few adults who also get cranky if they go without a snack for too long! It is just so nice to be able to leisurely stroll the parks with no stroller or child to look after.
3. You can visit ALL the bars! Let’s be honest, Disney World has some amazing pubs, bars, and cantinas on property! It’s just more fun when you can enjoy your adult beverage with…..adults! My favorite bars found at Walt Disney World Resort are Trader Sams Gog Grotto, La Cava del Tequila, and Ogas Cantina. Let me tell you, drinking around the World Showcase at EPCOT is so much fun with a group of friends!
4. The dining experience! It is so different sitting down to a nice grown-up meal at Disney. Walt Disney World Resort is home to some really spectacular restaurants and it’s so nice to have the chance to sit down and enjoy a nice dinner without children. Not in the mood for a fancy meal? No problem! You can eat what you want when you want because when you are on an adult-only trip YOU call the shots!
5. You can experience all the attractions you want- and skip all the attractions you want! Want to ride Tower of Terror three times in a row? No problem! No rider-switch needed! When you go to Disney without little ones you can ride all the scary and thrilling attractions your heart desires…and skip the kiddie rides if you so choose!
So next time you are planning a fun getaway without the kids- consider Disney World! You will be so happy you did!
- Should Disney Allow Mask-Free Photos at the Parks? - February 24, 2021
- Disney Needs to Build These Restaurants at the Theme Parks - February 22, 2021
- Visit These Places to Learn About the Incredible History of Walt Disney - February 17, 2021