With under a week to go until Toy Story Land officially opens at Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World, we thought we’d share with you some fantastic ways to help your preschooler get the most out of their visit to this exciting new state-of-the-art Pixar-themed area! So be sure to set aside a few hours during your Disney World visit to take advantage of all that Toy Story Land has to offer!
1. Take Time to Explore – Though attractions like Slinky Dog Dash and Toy Story Mania are sure to be the big draw during your visit to Toy Story Land. This is also the perfect location to let your preschoolers roam a bit and explore their exciting and colorful surroundings. While your roam be on the lookout for Andy’s footprints scattered about the area. How many can you find? Its also a great place to go on a bit of a family scavenger hunt looking for items like Green Army Men, Tinker Toys, Cooties and more!
2. Stop for a Selfie at the Woody Statue – As you roam, be on the lookout for a larger-than-life Woody near the entrance to Toy Story Land. Posing with this lovable toy makes for the perfect vacation snap! Be on the lookout for other larger-than-life characters as you roam the land including Buzz, Jessie, and Rex.
3. Check Out The New Entrance to Toy Story Mania – Even if your little ones have experienced this much-loved attraction before, with the addition of Toy Story Land comes a brand new entrance which is sure to mesmerize! The Carnival Box entrance will make you excited for this rootin’ tootin’ good time all over again. So grab those 3D glasses and get reading for a little bit of competitive fun seeing who will get the top score with your spring-action shooter!
4. Hop a Ride on the Alien Swirling Saucer – Your preschooler will love everything about this brand new Toy Story Land attraction. With its swirls, fun flashing lights, catchy tunes and little green aliens, what’s not to love!? With a height requirement of just 32 inches, it is sure to become a family favorite.
5. Refuel at Woody’s Lunch Box – No need to leave Toy Story Land when tummies start to rumble. Woody’s Lunch Box a new Quick Service Eatery will offer up a range of bites that are sure to please your preschooler. Highlights include the Raspberry or Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tarts, the S’mores French Toast Sandwich or the Banana Split Yogurt Parfait.
6. Cozy Up to Some of Your Favorite Pixar Characters- Have those cameras and autograph books at the ready! Toy Story Land will be home to some pretty awesome meet and greets including Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie!
7. Check Out the Green Army Drum Corps- Fans of the Green Army Men from Toy Story are in for a real treat. They’ll be marching through the land several times a day. Preschoolers will delight in taking part in interactive games with the troupe including “Sarge Says!”
This is just a small snapshot of the fun that awaits guests at Toy Story Land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. With the grand opening happening in just a few short days, readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still fantastic 2018 packages to be had and bookings can now be made for 2019!! Get a jump-start on your plans and fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019