Over at our sister site Chip and Co, it’s been another exciting week for Disney culinary discoveries. In fact, there are so many wonderful treats on offer over at Walt Disney World just now that we want you to be able to add a few of these to your must-try list! To give you just a taste of the sweet and savory goodies you’ll find at Disney World this Fall, here’s a recap of 8 of our favorites.
1. Whoopie Pies – Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Head over to the food court at this beloved value resort to pick up one of these delicious whoopie pies made even better by the fact that they are Mickey-shaped! They come in chocolate Mickey or vanilla Minnie varieties. Both versions are made up of wonderful layers of delicious frosting and rainbow sprinkles. The treats are also doused in glitter sprinkles on the top of the cake. Pick one up next time you’re at Everything Pop for only $4.99 or a snack credit for those on the Disney Dining Plan.
2. Breakfast Now Being Served at Pongu Pongu – Disney’s Animal Kingdom – If you’ve paid a visit to Pandora you’ll recognize Pongu Pongu as the walk-up quick service stall offering delicious boba-ball based drinks and the delicious pineapple lumpia. We are pleased to report that this location just outside Windtraders and in the vicinity of the insanely popular Flight of Passage now has added a few hearty breakfast items to their menu! For $6.79 visitors can opt for a delicious Sausage Egg Biscuit or for those that like something sweet in the mornings there are the French Toast Sticks priced at $6.29.
3. Rum Cake – Tortuga Tavern – Magic Kingdom – Tortuga Tavern located in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom is officially open for business with one notable addition to its menu the delicious rum cake! This comforting treat is offered as a single serving spice cake and is topped with a sticky caramel sauce. Be sure to pick one up during your next swashbuckling adventure for $3.99 or one snack credit for those on the Disney Dining Plan.
4. Polish Smoked Sausage – B.B. Wolf Sausage Co. – Disney Springs – If you haven’t visited this kiosk serving up delicious sausages than you don’t know what your missing. Now Autumn visitors have more reason than ever to stop by this Disney Springs eatery to try the incredible Polish Smoked Sausage currently on offer. For $8.99 plus tax you can tuck into this delicious smoked sausage topped with beer-cheese sauce, bacon and apple braised red cabbage on a Tuscan roll. Trust this Polish gal when I say it is nothing short of wonderful.
5. Pumpkin Spice Churro Balls – 4 Rivers Cantina Barbacoa Food Truck – No rundown of Autumn eats would be complete without at least one pumpkin spice creation and this incredible dessert being served up at the new Barbacoa Food Truck definitely delivers the flavor! For $5.99 guests can indulge in this delicious dessert which is served with a side of caramel or cream cheese dipping sauce! This snack will definitely make you feel like Halloween is just around the corner.
6. Bacon Mac and Cheese Fries – Casey’s Corner – Magic Kingdom – Finally a treat we love just as much as the famous dogs you’ll find at this Main Street U.S.A quick-service eatery. The Bacon Mac and Cheese fries are currently available for $5.99 and come covered in mac and cheese and topped with crunchy bacon giving it the perfect texture. Next time you’re walking right down the middle of Main Street be sure to pop by Casey’s and try out this ultimate comfort food.
7. New Cockatails – Thirsty River Bar – Animal Kingdom – For those looking for cool and tasty libations to stroll around the Animal Kingdom with, look no further than the Thirsty River Bar located near Expedition Everest which has added two new cocktails to the menu. The first is Disney’s take on the classic Sinagpore Sling which comes with New Amsterdam Gin, Bols Cherry Brandy, sweet and sour mix and a splash of lemon-lime soda! The second is a frozen concoction known as Dragon’s Breath. This drink combines Byejoe Dragon Fire Spirit Liquor, mango puree and pineapple juice. Each of the drinks will set you back $9.50.
8. Oktoberfest Cupcake – Roaring Forks – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – We here at Disney Addicts are always mighty impressed with the cupcakes being served up at Roaring Forks and this treat available only until September 29th is no exception. It’s made up of a dark chocolate beer cupcake with bittersweet chocolate cream and topped with a cinnamon buttercream. Its adorned with a chocolate covered pretzel and chocolate bottle! It can be yours for $5.99 or one snack credit.
I hope we’ve supplied you with some culinary inspiration during your next visit to Walt Disney World. Be sure to continue to follow along with Disney Addicts as well as our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest Disney food-related news and updates.
Why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I can help you get the best discounts for your Disney World vacation package, assist with making dining, Fastpass and Mickeys’ Not-So-Scary Halloween Party reservations and can even help you plan an itinerary filled with extra special seasonal touches. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE! Contact me at 1.800.801.4025 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook and let’s get planning!
Images copyright Disney
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019