When planning a trip to WDW, make sure to use MDE to book your FPs and ADRs. If you understand what I just said, you are a true Disney addict and you know your Disney acronyms. For those of you who are confused, it’s ok! I’m here to help.
Related – What Happens if I Arrive Late or Early for My Advanced Dining Reservations?
There are so many different Disney acronyms out there, it can be confusing. I’ve put together a list to help you out! Most of these acronyms will apply to Walt Disney World only, but there are some that are general Disney acronyms.
- WDW: Walt Disney World – Let’s start with an easy one!
- MCO: Orlando International Airport – The closest airport to Walt Disney World
- MDE: My Disney Experience – a combined website and mobile application that provides a one-stop for every phase of a guest’s vacation.
- DME: Disney’s Magical Express – A free service for onsite guests to get from the Orlando Airport to their Walt Disney World Resort. On January 1, 2022, this service was retired.
- AP: Annual Pass – The best pass to have for Walt Disney World or Disneyland!
- ADR: Advanced Dining Reservation – You can schedule Walt Disney World dining reservations 60 days in advance!
- DDP: Disney Dining Plan – Prepaid plan that can be purchased as part of a Disney World vacation package. The Dining Plans are not being offered right now.
- FP+: Fastpass Plus – Disney’s Fastpass service where you can schedule fastpasses for your favorite rides or attractions in advance online or on the My Disney Experience app.
- LL – Disney’s Paid Lightning Lane Service
- EMH: Extra Magic Hours – Offered each day either before or after regular park hours at a certain park for Walt Disney Resort guests.
- CM: Cast Member – Disney employees
- DCP: Disney College Program – Internship type program where college students can work and live at Disney World
Related – Should you Visit Disney World during the 50th Anniversary Celebration?
- MK: Magic Kingdom – First theme park at the Walt Disney World Resort. Celebrating its 50th anniversary this October!
- CRT: Cinderella’s Royal Table – The restaurant in Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom.
- BBB: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique– Salon in the Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs where little girls can receive princess makeovers.
- BOG: Be Our Guest – Most Popular restaurant in the Magic Kingdom themed after the Beast’s castle in Beauty and the Beast. You have to try the Grey Stuff!
- 7DMT: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Snow White inspired coaster in Magic Kingdom.
- DAK: Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Wildest Theme Park at Walt Disney World
- FoP: Flight of Passage – Super popular attraction in Animal Kingdom’s Pandora World of Avatar
- EE: Expedition Everest – Roller Coaster in Animal Kingdom featuring the Yeti
- ROL: Rivers of Light – Night time water light show in Animal Kingdom
- DHS: Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Make sure you are camera ready at this Walt Disney World theme park!
- TSL: Toy Story Land – Shrink to the size of a toy in this themed land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- ToT: Tower of Terror – Free falling attraction in Hollywood Studios
- RnR: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – Roller coaster starring Aerosmith in Hollywood Studios
- SWGE: Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge: Newest Star Wars-themed land in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- SSE: Spaceship Earth – flagship attraction in Epcot located inside the geodesic sphere that is the park icon.
- TT: Test Track – a thrilling, high-speed attraction in Epcot.
• DS: Disney Springs – The newly renovated shopping district that used to be called Downtown Disney
• BB: Blizzard Beach – Walt Disney World Water Park
• TL: Typhoon Lagoon – Walt Disney World Water Park
• MVMCP: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party – Christmas Party in Magic Kingdom
• MNSSHP: Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party – Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom
• AoA: Art of Animation – Walt Disney World value resort hotel
• CBR: Caribbean Beach Resort – Walt Disney World moderate resort
• CSR: Coronado Springs Resort – Walt Disney World moderate resort
• POFQ: Port Orleans French Quarter – Walt Disney World moderate resort
• POR: Port Orleans Riverside – Walt Disney World moderate resort
• AKL: Animal Kingdom Lodge – Deluxe resort located near Animal Kingdom which is known for its savanna view rooms
• BCR: Beach Club Resort – Deluxe resort located within walking distance to Epcot
• GF: Grand Floridian – Deluxe resort located on the monorail line only a quick ride or walk away from the Magic Kingdom
• OKW: Old Key West – Deluxe resort and the first Disney Vacation Club resort
• SS: Saratoga Springs – Deluxe resort located right across from Disney Springs
- DLR: Disneyland Resort – the original Disney theme park!
- LAX: Los Angeles Airport – One of the surrounding airports to Disneyland
- GC: Grand Californian – Disneyland Resort hotel with guest access to Disney’s California Adventure Park
- DH: Disneyland Hotel – Disneyland Resort hotel located steps from Downtown Disney
- DtD: Downtown Disney – Shopping and Food district located between the Disneyland Resort theme parks and hotels
- MM: Magic Morning – Perk for guests with a Disneyland park ticket of 3 or more days to enter the parks early on certain days of the week before the general public
- EMH: Extra Magic Hour – Perk for all Disneyland Resort hotel guests with a hotel key to enter the parks early on certain days of the week before the general public.
- EEMH – Extra Evening Magic Hours
- DLRP – Disneyland Resort Paris
- DCA: Disney’s California Adventure – Second Disneyland Resort park that has its famous Cars Land
- RSR: Radiator Springs Racers – The main attraction in Cars Land
- WOC: World of Color – Nighttime water show in California Adventure
- IC: Incredicoaster – formerly California Screamin’, a high-speed coaster with one inversion themed to the Incredibles
- PP: Pixar Pier – a Pixar-themed area of the park, formerly known as Paradise Pier.
- AC: Avengers Campus – new Marvel-themed land coming soon to Disney California Adventure!
- DVC: Disney Vacation Club – Disney’s time share program
- ABD: Adventures by Disney – provides group guided family vacations to various domestic and international destinations.
- DCL: Disney Cruise Line – Disney’s cruise line consists of 4 ships with 3 more on the way.
- MDR: Main Dining Room – Where you are scheduled to have dinner each night of your cruise based on a rotational program
- RC: Royal Court – Main dining room on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy ships
- EG: Enchanted Garden – Main dining room on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy Ship
- AP: Animator’s Palate – Main dining room on all four DCL Ships
- TP: Tiana’s Place – Main dining room on the Disney Wonder
- CC: Castaway Cay – Disney’s Private Island only accessible through DCL
Those acronyms are only just the beginning! Just about every attraction name, resort hotel, and restaurant can be turned into an acronym. How many of these acronyms did you already know?
If you are wanting to plan your next Disney trip, contact me today for a free vacation quote! I am a travel agent with Destinations to Travel and I can help you plan a magical vacation at no extra cost to you.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- New Experiences Coming to Disney World this Year - March 16, 2023
- Complete Guide to the World of TRON - March 15, 2023
- Guide to Aunty’s Beach House at Disney’s Aulani - March 13, 2023