A question we get asked often is if outside food is allowed into Disney World Parks. The answer is yes, Disney does allow you to bring in outside food with some limitations. This is good news because the food inside the Walt Disney World Parks can get expensive! Even if you budget to eat all of your meals in the park you may still want to bring in some food to snack on while you’re standing in line.
Items you can bring in
My first suggestion is to bring in a plastic or metal refillable water bottle for each person in your group. There are water filling stations and water fountains located throughout all 4 parks. You want to make sure you stay hydrated!
Second, my family has always brought in snacks. I tend to get hangry, lol! Good items to pack in your bag are granola bars, crackers, goldfish for the little ones (or you), and fruit snacks. Food that needs to be refrigerated or that can melt should be left in your hotel room.
How much can you bring? I have been known to bring in a full lunch! We will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in our hotel in the morning and pack fruit to go with it.
I wouldn’t try and bring in a loaf of bread and make your lunches in the park. Remember you have to carry it all and there is a limit to the size of your bag. Disney Parks do have lockers, but they are not refrigerated and availability is limited. Guests who need to refrigerate medication may do so at First Aid.
- Glass container (excluding small containers such as baby food jars)
- I have had one of my glass water bottles confiscated and I did not get it back
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana or any illegal substance
- Coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger the 24” long x 15” wide x 18” high (larger than 6-pack sized)
- Exceptions may be made for special dietary or religious needs
- Disney reserves the right to screen all persons, parcels, bags, and clothing
- Disney also reserves the right to not allow any bag, parcel or other items to be brought into the Parks
Food Delivery to your Resort Hotel
You can have groceries delivered to your Disney World Resort Hotel. There are several different companies that you can order through, for example, Amazon Prime and Walmart.
Groceries will be delivered to your resort’s Bell Services. There is a $6 delivery fee to have groceries delivered from Bell Services to your room (however, you may still pick up from bell services with no additional charge). They can keep perishables cold. For most companies, you can select a delivery window (how far out varies by company) and a few will deliver alcohol. For some resorts, you must be present when they deliver alcohol. Make sure to ask your specific resort.
Heading to Disneyland in California? Make sure to check out their policy on bringing in outside food HERE!
Let’s book your magical vacation today! As an agent with Key to the World Travel, I can help you with everything from Disney Destinations, a cruise, a beach getaway or even a trip to Europe. Contact me today for your free, no-obligation quote at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow me on Facebook to hear about the latest Disney updates and travel tips! Or, you can fill out and submit the form below. I look forward to helping you plan the most magical vacation for you and your family.
Latest posts by Disney Addicts Past Writers and Friends (see all)
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019