When people start to plan their first trip to Walt Disney World, it’s hard to imagine the sheer size and scale of this incredible playground for kids of all ages. That’s why we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d go back to basics with some quick fun facts to give you a sense of just how big Walt Disney World really is!
1. Walt Disney World is The Size of Two Manhattan Islands or of San Francisco – That’s right. Walt Disney World resort is actually 40 square miles! That’s huge. To keep it in perspective that the same size as San Francisco or Manhattan x 2!
2. 12% of Walt Disney World is Devoted to Gardens and Landscapes – One thing first-time visitors will definitely be struck by is how lush the surroundings at Walt Disney World are. As a matter of fact, nearly 4000 acres are devoted to beautiful gardens and landscapes!
3. 20 Tons of Fruit and Veg are Grown At Disney Each Year- But when it comes to Disney’s gorgeous grounds, there is also a noteworthy practical purpose. Disney annually grows around 20 tons of fruits and vegetables. Whenever possible, this produce will make its way to many of the wonderful eateries found on Disney property including Fine/Signature Dining restaurants like Disney’s California Grill at the Contemporary Resort.
4. Guests Consume 13 Million Bottles of Water at Disney Each Year- With Florida’s toasty temperatures one of the most important rules for guests visiting Walt Disney World is to stay hydrated. That’s why it’s not surprising that visitors at Walt Disney World consume about 13 million bottles of water annually!
4. There are 25+ Resorts on Disney Property – Guests are spoiled for choice when it comes to staying onsite at Walt Disney World. There are dozens of properties to choose from at a variety of different price points. There are so many hotels rooms at Walt Disney World that it would take a person over a decade to stay at each of the rooms on property!
6. There are an Estimated 74,000 Cast Members Employed at Walt Disney World – It takes a lot to keep a resort of this size functioning. Therefore, it’s not surprising that Disney World is the largest single-site employer in the entire United States!
7. PhotoPass Photographers Take Over 200,000 Photos at Walt Disney World Per Day! – Speaking of Cast Members, Disney’s incredible PhotoPass photographers are on hand to capture those magical memories for you each day! With PhotoPass photos available at many of Disney’s incredible vistas, landscapes, rides, character meet and greets and dining experiences, it’s not surprising the sheer amount of photos taken each day!
Want a fun re-cap of all of these exciting details? Disney put together a video that covers all these fun stats and more. You can check it out here!
But don’t take our word for it! Head to Orlando and check out Walt Disney World for yourself! But be sure to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy all this amazing resort has to offer. To help plan out your length of stay, check out this article.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019