The day that Star Wars fans have been waiting for is almost here as Disney’s special Galactic Nights event is slated to kick off at Hollywood Studios on May 27th. For all those attending this exclusive night of Star Wars-themed fun, we thought we’d share with you some of our favorite tips to help you prep for the big event. So grab your lightsabers, done your Jedi robes and may the Force be with you!
1. Head to Hollywood Studios Early – Though the Star Wars -themed festivities don’t officially kick off until 7pm, your party ticket allows you to enter the park as early as 4 pm! So why not arrive a bit early and enjoy some of the parks headlining attractions from Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to Tower of Terror and let’s not forget Star Tours – The Adventure Continues!
2. Be Sure to Dress the Part – This is one of the few days during the year where guests are permitted to arrive at the parks in costume! Half the fun of attending Galactic Nights is checking out the amazing costumes that people wear to the parks. Do be mindful though that they are costume guidelines that you’ll want to adhere to if you want to get in! You can find the details here! For those looking for a bit of costume inspiration, Disney Style has pulled together a handful of mightly impressive looks. You can check them out here!
3. Bring Your Appetites – One of our favorite things about Galactic Nights is the incredible array of Star Wars-inspired goodies you’ll find at eateries throughout the park. Some of the highlights include the Lightsaber Churros, Dueling Gazpacho inspired by Jedi Master Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul, Red Curry Duck Fries and the Sweet and Sour Fried Drumstick. Can decide which dish to try? Why not sample a little bit of everything with the Galactic Tasting Package. This sampler allows guests to taste a selection of five items including alcoholic beverages. Visit Disneyworld.com for more information.
4. Take Time for Photo Opportunities – Even though you might feel in a rush to take it all in, definitely set aside some time during Galactic Nights to seek out some of the exclusive photo ops that will be on offer. It’s the perfect way to preserve those amazing memories. The full list of photo ops for the event includes:
- Death Star: Emperor’s Throne Room
- Jedha: U-Wing and K-2SO
- Acht-To: Luke’s Hut
- Malachor: Sith Temple
- Jakku: Luggabeast
- Tatooine: Jabba’s Palace
- Tattoine: Jundland Wastes
5. Prepare to Meet Some of Your Favorite Characters – If you’re big on Disney meet and greets then Galactic Nights definitely delivers. On this one night only you’ll have a chance to meet an impressive array of Star Wars characters from loveable sidekicks to formidable baddies. Here’s a look at who you might bump in to:
- Darth Vader
- Chewbacca & Rey
- Kylo Ren
- Captain Phasma
- Seventh Sister
- Tusken Raiders
- Imperial Stormtroopers
- AWR Stormtroopers
- First Order Troopers
For more details on what you’ll find at Galactic Nights check out this article. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts for the latest Disney World planning tips and tricks and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest Galactic Nights news and updates.
Can’t make it to Galactic Nights this year? Don’t worry, there’s plenty of incredible Star Wars themed activities happening year-round at Hollywood Studios.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019