It may only be the end of May but we here at Disney Addicts are already counting down the days to the fabulous Halloween celebrations that will happen at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park this Fall. This includes the not-to-be missed Mickey’s Halloween Party which will be running for 15 frightful nights beginning on September 7 thru October 31, 2018. Tickets for the party go on sale June 5th. So be sure to check out our 8 reasons why Halloween at Disneyland Resort is not to be missed and grab your tickets as soon as you’re able!
1. Oogie Boogie Will Be Back at the Entrance to California Adventure – This muched-love Nightmare Before Christmas character casts an ominous glow over the entrance to Disney California Adventure and we are glad he’s making a comeback. The first thing you’ll see as you enter the park is Oogie Boogie’s oversized silhouette enticing guests inside. Other fun additions to California Adventure decor during the Halloween Season includes swarms of bats circling Carthay Circle Restaurant and a 10 ft tall statue of the Headless Horseman.
2. Radiator Screams – That’s right, each Halloween Season, Radiator Spring is given an eerie transformation. The entire land gets a Halloween makeover as the townsfolk don their Halloween costumes. You’ll see Lightning McQueen, Mater, Cruze, Red and DJ dressed up for the season. Popular Cars Land attractions also receive a spooktacular transformation. Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters is turned into Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween.
3. Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark – Fans of Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! will be pleased to know that the ride will once again be given a special Halloween evening transformation. As the sun sets the attractions goes dark before powering back up with special lighting that signals that all is not well. The Guardians have successfully escaped The Collectors Fortress only to find that they’ve left Groot behind. It’s up to you to help Rocket distract the creatures that are on the loose so that he can find Groot.
4. Haunted Mansion Holiday – Moving over to Disneyland Park, this Tim Burton-esque overlay to Disney’s much love Haunted Mansion attraction will be bringing in the crowds again in 2018. This seasonal attraction celebrates the merging of Halloween and Christmas traditions as Jack Skellington and crew offer their own unique take on the holidays. This overlay typically stays on right up until Christmas.
5. Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy – Disney’s indoor coaster Space Mountain also receives a chilling makeover in the Fall. Guests board the Space Mountain vehicles into a ghost galaxy where you are surrounded be high-pitched screams, sound effects, bone-chilling music and more. Frightful sprits pop out of the darkness to add an extra element to this already scary and dark ride.
6. Halloween Screams – Exclusive to guests attending Mickey’s Halloween Party, the “Halloween Screams” fireworks display is a must-do on party nights. This nighttime spectacular is hosted by none other than the “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington. It’s the perfect way to end your Halloween-themed night at Disneyland.
7. “Frightfully Fun Parade” – An exclusive treat for guests at Mickey’s Halloween Party, this spine-tingling parade is led by The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow. The Horseman starts with an ominous run down Main Street U.S.A on his black steed to usher in the parade. Other characters crawling out of the woodwork for this fun night include Jack Skellington, a procession of grim grinning ghosts and more!
8. Villains Square – Pop by this special area of Disneyland to have your photos taken with some of Disney’s most formidable baddies. From Maleficent to Doctor Facilier, you never know who might show up to say “Boo!” Be sure to have those cameras at the ready!
Tickets of Mickey’s Halloween Party open up on June 5th for Annual Passholders and to the General Public on June 12th. The dates for the event are as follows:
- Wednesday, Sept. 19
- Friday, Sept. 21
- Monday, Sept. 24
- Wednesday, Sept. 26
- Friday, Sept. 28
- Tuesday, Oct. 2
- Friday, Oct. 5
- Tuesday, Oct. 9
- Friday, Oct. 12
- Tuesday, Oct. 16
- Friday, Oct. 19
- Tuesday, Oct. 23
- Friday, Oct. 26
- Monday, Oct. 29
- Wednesday, Oct. 31, Halloween night.
Tickets can be purchased online at disneyland.com/party or by calling 714.781.4400. The party kicks off at 7pm each night. However, guests for this hard-ticketed event will be allowed into the park from 4pm.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you book your next Disney Vacation. They are the preferred Travel Agency of Chip and Company and Disney Addicts, and who we use ourselves.
Get started Now for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
Book With our friends at Destinations to Travel
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019