It is opening weekend of Pixar Pier over at Disney California Adventure and our very own Chip is on the scene keeping us up to date on everything that this re-imagined area of the park has to offer! If there’s one location that we can’t wait to visit on our next Disneyland visit, it’s definitely the new Lamplight Lounge which takes up the prime bit of Pixar Pier real estate previously allocated to the ever popular Cove Bar. To celebrate their grand opening, the Lamplight Lounge, which takes its name from Pixar’s iconic lamp unveiled a tasty array of new dishes. Here are 7 of the highlights.
1. Lobster Nachos – Perfect for sharing, this hefty appetizer is made up of warm lobster, house-made tortilla chips, black bean pico de gallo, chipotle cream, aged cheddar, and Oaxaca cheese. Order one up for your table next time you’re at Pixar Pier for $20.00
2. Crispy Piggy Wings – Speaking of delicious appetizers, this is another favorite. The Crispy Piggy Wings are made up of Pork Drumettes with Chili-Ginger Glaze, toasted sesame seeds, cilantro, and slaw. This treat will set you back $17.00.
3. Carne Asada Roll – Sushi fans are in luck. Lamplight Lounge is serving up a delicious Carne Asada Roll filled with grilled New York Strip Steak, roasted Fresno chilli salsa, Escabèche, and crema. This delectable appetizer will also set guests back $17.00.
4. Tuna Poke – Seafood lovers won’t want to pass up a chance to try the Tuna Poke. For $18.00 there’s plenty of this dish to go around. It’s comprised of a Yellowfin Tuna “Rice Bowl”, magic watermelon, avocado, edamame, Shishito peppers and spiced mango nectar.
5. Chicken Sandwich- We love this spicy take on the classic chicken sandwich and think it makes the perfect afternoon bite. The sandwich comes with crispy chicken covered in a spicy chilli glaze, vinegar slaw, pineapple butter and comes on a toasted Amish bun. It’s served with malted fries and costs $21.00.
6. Ratatouille – Another must-try entree is the comforting Ratatouille made up of a roasted eggplant and bell pepper ragoût, zucchini noodles, Burrata cheese, smoked tomato sauce, and drizzled with a Basil Aïoli. The cost for this vegetarian dish is $19.00.
7. Donuts – End your meal on a sweet note with the delicious donuts being served up at Lamplight. These warm fluffy donuts come with delicious dipping sauces and will set you back $9.00.
Located at the entrance to Pixar Pier, the Lamplight Lounge is the perfect sit-down dining option for guests to this newly re-imagined area of California Adventure. In addition to the delicious menu listed above, the lounge also boasts panoramic views of Paradise Bay as well as a full bar!
Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier news and updates!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019