In case you haven’t heard, Disney announced this afternoon that bookings have officially opened for 2019 Disneyland Vacation Packages. For those that aren’t able to hit the parks this year, this news means that you are able to get a jumpstart on next year’s vacation plans and can being locking in your 2019 Disneyland getaway. And what a fantastic year 2019 is shaping up to be for those considering a Disneyland getaway. As a matter of fact, we here at Disney Addicts thought we’d share with you seven of our favorite reasons to visit the parks next year!
1. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Let’s be honest, this hotly anticipated Disneyland expansion is the primary reason that visitors will be heading to the parks in 2019. With this new land slated to open up in Summer of 2019, planning a getaway for later in 2019 is a surefire way to make sure you’ll be there to take part in all of the intergalactic fun. Visitors will be able to walk through the bustling marketplace of the planet Batuu, pop by the Cantina for a drink, pilot the Millennium Falcon and take part in a battle between the First Order and the Resistance.
2. Experience Pixar Pier – If you weren’t able to visit Disney California Adventure in 2018 to check out the newly re-imagined Pixar Pier than 2019 is definitely the year to do it. Go on a mission with Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and the rest of the crew in the thrilling Incredicoaster, Soar high above the park in the Pixar Pal-a-Round, compete with your friends at Toy Story Midway Mania, try out the brand new midway games or dine at the all-new Lamplight Lounge. Two new attractions will also be coming to Pixar Pier in 2019, the Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind (pictured above) and Jessie’s Critter Carousel. Plus we expect the much-loved nighttime water pageant World of Color, to once again be wowing evening crowds.
3. Updated Guest Rooms at the Grand Californian – When it comes to staying onsite at Disneyland resort, it doesn’t get much better than the Grand Californian. Not only is the only Disney resort located within a theme park, it also has wonderful eateries, character dining, a Spa, incredible pools and so much more! Oh, and did we mention that it has its own theme park entrance? That’s how close to the action you are when you stay here! To make things even better, this already stunning property went through a massive refurbishment over the past year upgrading all of their guest rooms. With awesome amenities and playful features, it’s a perfect way to holiday Disney-style! Some of the rooms even offer theme park views really making you feel like you are in the heart of it all.
4. New Tech Makes it Easier Than Ever to Plan Your Park Days – If it’s been a while since you’ve visited Disneyland Resort, there are a few noteworthy innovations that have revolutionized the ways that guests visit the parks. First, you can avoid jetting around the parks gathering paper FASTPASSES with Disneyland’s new MaxPass system. Under the new system, guests can book FASTPASSES using your mobile phone and also get unlimited PhotoPass photos downloaded to your phone for only $10 per person per day! In addition, Disneyland unveiled a new Mobile Ordering system this year. This covenient new service allows you to order food at participating restaurants from your mobile phone while you’re walking through the parks or waiting in line for a ride. You pre-pay, let Disney know when you’d like to pick it up and you’ll find it waiting at the pick-up window for you! No more waiting in long lunch lines!
5. California Adventure Food & Wine Festival – Each Spring, Disney California Adventure Park becomes a haven for foodies looking to try out an amazing array of California-inspired cuisine. During this special festival, you’ll get to sample amazing dishes at the outdoor kitchens, take part in culinary seminars and workshops offering fun for the whole family and check out some incredible entertainment. Disney has yet to announce dates for the 2019 Fest but we promise to keep you posted.
6. Halloween Fun – Each year, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure pull out all the stops to bring guests a spooktacular Halloween adventure. Starting in September, the parks receive a Halloween transformation including spooky decor. Cars Land gets an incredible makeover and is simply not to be missed. Guardians of the Galaxy, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain receive special holiday overlays that offer special seasonal thrills. Mickey evens throws a Halloween Party on select nights where you can don your favorite Halloween costume and head to the park for an evening filled with special activities and trick or treating!
7. The Ultimate Holiday Getaway – Why not treat your loved ones to a destination Christmas at Disneyland in 2019. November and December are our favorite months of the year to visit Disneyland Resort. Both parks and all of the resorts get a wonderful festive makeover. The Festive Foods Marketplace opens up at California Adventure offering a wonderful array of Yuletide treats! “it’s a small world” gets a holiday makeover and there are special festive parades and fireworks displays that you’ll only see during this time of year! Oh, and of course Santa will take time out from his Christmas preparations to find out if you’ve been naughty or nice! Disneyland Resort really brings magical Christmas memories that you won’t forget!
So what are you waiting for? Get a jumpstart on your 2019 Disneyland vacation by getting a FREE no obligation quote!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Are Walt Disney World’s Resorts Dog Friendly? - August 14, 2018
- When are the Best Dates To Visit Disneyland In 2019? - August 13, 2018
- What’s Included If I Book a Club-Level Room at Walt Disney World? - August 13, 2018