Today was National Ice Cream Day and if you’ve been following us at Disney Addicts for a while than you know that we love nothing more than to celebrate this special day by sharing with you some of our favorite frozen treats. Be sure to read along and give some of these sweet treats a try next time you’re visiting Disneyland or Walt Disney World.
1. Mickey’s Kitchen Sink- This fun treat can be found at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor at the Magic Kingdom where it comes with two hand-scoops of ice cream and topped with hot fudge, peanut butter or caramel and whipped cream or at Clarabelle’s Hand-Scooped Ice Cream at Disney California Adventure where it comes with scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, chocolate morsels, cherries and two chocolate-dipped bananas.
2. Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar – Found at throughout Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts, this has to be the most iconic of Disney treats. Filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with a hard chocolate shell, it is true when they say that everything is better when it’s Mickey-shaped.
3. Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Sandwich – Another iconic Disney snack, you can usually find this jovial Mickey-themed treat anywhere that the ice cream bars are sold. This Cookies ‘N Cream ice cream sandwich is a snack time essential and definitely worth seeking out during your next visit.
4. Clarabelle’s Hand-dipped Ice Cream Bars – Over at Disney California Adventure, one of our favorite ice cream treats has to be the hand-scooped ice cream bars. They come in your choice of ice cream bar flavor, chocolate coating and a topping of your choice. We always go fo the Mickey-shaped sprinkles!
5. Mickey and Minnie Mouse Sundaes – You can find these colorful treats in Toon Town at Disneyland. These sundaes come with vanilla, chocolate or swirl Dannon Soft-Serve Frozen Yogurt, chocolate candies and either a red bow tie or a polka dot bow.
6. Cookies ‘n Cream Funnel Cake – For those looking for something truly decadent, head over to the Oasis Canteen at Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World to try a Mickey-themed Cookies “n Cream Funnel Cake. Topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream cookies ‘n cream crumbles, two cookie ears, hot fudge and powdered sugar. It’s the perfect Summer treat for chocolate lovers.
7. Ice Cream Cone – For those that prefer the simple pleasures in life, there’s always the yummy flavors on offer over at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in the Magic Kingdom. Whether it’s by the cone or the cup, there is bound to be a flavor you love. You may even want to check out the flavor of the month. This limited edition ice cream changes monthly. For July the ice cream on offer is peanut butter. Next month it’s going to be Fudge Tracks.
Ice Cream Merchandise – There are other ways that you can show your love for all things Disney and ice cream. As a matter of fact, Disney has created a whole line of merchandise for Mickey Bar super fans. You’ll find everything from headbands to magnets to squeaky toys for your four-legged friends. All of these items can be found at various merchandise locations throughout Disneyland and Walt Disney World!
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disneyland. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019