With the Summer behind us, now is the time where most families start to consider whether there’s still time to squeeze in that destination Christmas visit to Walt Disney World. The answer is a resounding “Yes!” with fantastic packages still available to book through until the end of 2018, it’s still possible to plan a holiday getaway filled with lots of wonderful touches! And to give you just a taste of the delights that await, we wanted to share with you one of our favorite ways to experience Walt Disney World during the holiday season – the two magical seasonal tours offered by Disney each November & December. Both Disney’s Holiday D-Lights and Yuletide Fantasy Tours are big on Holiday magic. Here’s a closer look at what you’ll get with both.
Disney’s Holiday D-Lights Tour – Guests visiting in late November or throughout December should definitely consider booking your spot on this incredible evening guided tour celebrating the excitement of the holiday season. On this special outing, your holiday host will let you in on some behind-the-scenes secrets as to how Disney’s magical holiday transformations at Magic Kingdom and Epcot come to life! Over the course of 6 hours, you’ll get to experience the following.
- A family-style barbecue dinner (included in the cost) at the Whispering Canyon cafe located at Wilderness Lodge. This deluxe resort undergoes a magical holiday transformation making it one of the most breathtaking properties to visit during the Christmas season.
- Backstage tours at both Epcot and Magic Kingdom where you’ll learn how some of Disney World’s most cherished holiday customs come to life.
- A chance to meet the Event & Decorating Support Team who are responsible for the hundreds and thousands of twinkling lights that adorn Cinderella’s Castle each Holiday Season. You’ll also enjoy gorgeous views of the lighting ceremony.
- Have your cameras at the ready with exclusive photo opportunities to commemorate your Christmas visit to Disney.
- Head over to Epcot where you’ll witness the magnificent Candlelight Processional, a retelling of the Christmas story brought to life by a 50-piece orchestra, choir and celebrity narrator.
- The event winds down with a special treat! You’ll enjoy breathtaking views of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Expect to be moved by the special holiday finale.
- As a parting gift, all guests will receive a special limited-edition keepsake pin that you can only get by going on the tour.
Tours are available starting on November 26th and run on Mondays – Thursdays only starting at 3:45 pm. The cost of the tour is $279 per person. Guests must be age 12 or older to participate. Guess under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult during the entire tour. Valid theme park admission is not required for the tour but is recommended so that you can enjoy the festivities and attractions before and after your tour! Transportation during the tour is provided. Guests using an ECV or Wheelchair must let Disney know ahead of time so that space is available for the device. Check-in is at Epcot next to the “Epcot Guided Tours” sign posted at the far right of the main entrance.
Guests can book this fun and festive evening out by contacting your travel agent or reaching out to Disney directly at 407.WDW.TOUR.
Disney’s Yuletide Fantasy Tour – This 3.5 hour morning tour is perfect for early birds and those who want the exclusive tour experience with time to spare to enjoy the theme parks. During the Yuletide Fantasy Tour, guests will head backstage to gain insights into the incredible logistics involved in the wintertime transformation that Walt Disney World undergoes every holiday season. Highlights of this Yuletide adventure include:
- The chance to meet Holiday Services Cast Members to find out how they use themes to design the unique decorations you’ll find throughout Walt Disney World Resort.
- A visit to the Floral Department with a behind-the-scenes look at how floral displays add that extra element of holiday magic.
- The opportunity to whip up an edible holiday treat with the help of a Disney Springs culinary artist.
- A special treat and a holiday keepsake exclusive to guests on the tour!
Dates have recently been released for the tour which runs on Mondays- Fridays at 9 am beginning on November 19, 2018. The cost to attend the tour is $139 per person. Guests must be age 12 or older to participate. Guess under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult during the entire tour. Valid theme park admission is not required for the tour but is recommended so that you can enjoy the festivities and attractions before and after your tour! Transportation during the tour is provided. Guests using an ECV or Wheelchair must let Disney know ahead of time so that space is available for the device. Check-in is at Epcot next to the “Epcot Guided Tours” sign posted at the far right of the main entrance.
Guests can book this fun mroning tour by contacting your travel agent or reaching out to Disney directly at 407.WDW.TOUR.
If you’re heading to Walt Disney World this Holiday Season, we hope you’ll take some time away from the rides and attractions to go behind the scenes with one of these amazing seasonal tours! There bound to add an extra element of Disney fun to your destination Christmas!
Thinking about a Christmas visit to Walt Disney World? There are still fantastic packages available for Fall 2018 and vacations can currently be booked through until the end of 2019. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE, no obligation quote.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? Click here for your FREE no obligation quote or fill out the form at the bottom of this page!
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from organizing your perfect package to making FastPass and dining reservations as well as sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at Disney World. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Let our friends at Destinations to Travel help you! Just fill out the form below and someone will be in touch!
- How Does Lost and Found Work at Disney World? - December 19, 2021
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019