With less than a month to go before 4th of July, those lucky enough to be heading to Walt Disney World at the beginning of next month will definitely want to take advantage of the special Independence Day festivities happening across Walt Disney World Resort. To help you get in the Summer mood, here are 5 special 4th of July offerings that are simply not-to-be-missed.
1. Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky – One of our favorite things about visiting Walt Disney World on 4th of July is the incredible 4th of July fireworks display that lights up the night sky over Cinderella’s Castle in the Magic Kingdom. This special offering only takes place on July 3rd and July 4th. You can’t help but be moved by the patriotic melodies and dazzling pyrotechnics. In addition to this patriotic nighttime event, Magic Kingdom will also offer special dance parties in Frontierland and Tomorrowland on July 3rd and 4th. Independence Day is also a perfect time to check out The Muppets Present…Great Moments in American History which takes place in Liberty Square.
2. Special Fourth of July Treats – It wouldn’t be a holiday at Walt Disney World without some special treats to celebrate the occasion. This year Disney definitely delivers. Amorette’s Patisserie at Disney Springs will be serving up Patriotic dipped strawberries and Mickey and Minnie Mouse mini-domes. Head over to Creature Comforts and Isles of Java at Animal Kingdom to indulge in a special cupcake featuring apple-pie filling. Red-white-and-blue macarons dipped in white chocolate will also be the order of the day over at Boardwalk Bakery at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort.
3. IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – Epcot’s incredible evening fireworks offering is special any time of year but especially during Fourth of July when it includes special red, white and blue fireworks, lighting up the sky above the World Showcase. This nighttime spectacular begins at 9 pm on July 4th. While you are at Epcot you’ll also want to stop by the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 or 8 pm to check out the Voices of Liberty a capella group who will be performing traditional American songs.
4. Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular – Hollywood Studios is definitely going to be the place to be for Star Wars fans visiting on 4th of July. The theme park is bringing back this ever popular immersive nighttime experience which includes incredible special effects, projections, dynamic lighting, lasers and pyrotechnics designed to transport guests to a galaxy far, far away. Taking place at 10 pm on July 4th, Galactic Spectacular will recreate iconic scenes from the Star Wars saga and features the incredible soundtracks that we’ve all come to know and love.
5. The Fourth at the Fort – Guests camping or hitching up your RV’s at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground are in for a special Fourth of July treat. The resort will be offering several special events including a Fourth of July 5K Run which will take place on July 3rd. Pre-registration is available June 24 – June 30th from 9 am – 5pm at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. Onsite registration begins at 7:30 am on race day at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ. Fort Wilderness will also be offering a Golf Cart Parade beginning at 4pm on July 4th with registration taking place June 24- 30 from 9am to 5pm at the Fort Wilderness Bike Barn. Finally, the Fourth of July Beach Bash will be taking place on Clementine’s Beach from 6-11 pm on July 4th and will feature a live DJ, games, contests, movies and more.
These are just some of the special ways you can celebrate our Nation at Walt Disney World on Independence Day. Readers are encouraged to keep following along with Disney Addicts and our sister site Chip and Co. for the latest in Fourth of July news and updates.
Thinking about a visit to Disney? There are still fantastic 2018 packages to be had and 2019 packages go on sale June 19th. Get a jump-start on your plans and fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider working with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I also love sharing tips and tricks to help you get the most out of your time at the parks. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025 via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Image copyright Disney.
- What Happens to my Reservation if Disney Prices Increase? - January 8, 2020
- Are There any Buffet Character Dining Experiences at Disney World? - December 30, 2019
- When is the best time to book my flights? - June 18, 2019